Senior Investigations & Incident Response Consultant
A passionate and talented Investigation and Incident Response consultant is required to join one of the UK’s leading cyber security consultancy’s; based in London.
The Successful candidate will have experience in responding to and containing security incidents such as crimeware, data breaches and advanced targeted arracks following a standard incident handling lifecycle.
Key skills and background
The Senior Investigations and Incident Response consultant will have a solid understanding of client-server infrastructures, security architectures and related logging and alerting, as well as knowledge of TCP/IP networking with the ability to perform deep-dive network forensic analysis.
The following will also be required of the candidate:
- Detailed understanding of file-system analysis including FAT, NTFS, HFS+ and/or EXT2/3/4 and the ability to find and extract common disk-based indicators or compromise.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and/or OS X internals with emphasis on memory structures and the ability to find common memory-based indicators or compromise.
- Demonstrated ability to make real-time key decisions under pressure across diverse and unstructured environments.
- CFCE, CCE, CIFI, CHFI, ECIH, GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, GREM or GCED qualification.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work with the company’s clients to lead the delivery on Investigations and Incident Response services whilst mentoring and training junior members of the team.
These services are aimed at responding to and containing security incidents with a particular focus on advanced targeted attacks.
This can also cover a wide range of complementary areas including incident response training, playbook development, mock incidents and guiding the company’s clients through the implementation of response and containment procedures.
Senior consultants within the company are expected to have the ability to clearly communicate to a range of audiences from technical practitioners through to C level and executive boards.
About the company
Operating in 5 countries across the globe, our client pride themselves in providing specialist advice and solutions in all areas of security, from professional and managed services, through to developing commercial and open source security tools.
They focus on working with clients to develop and deliver security programs, tailored to meet the needs of each individual organisation.
More Jobs from 2Source Talent
- Business Development Manager
- Support Consultant
- UX Web Developer
- Senior Security Consultant
- Senior Sales Engineer
- Cyber Security Senior Manager / Director – Financial Services
- Cyber Security Senior Manager / Director – Public Sector
- Senior Linux Systems Administrator
- Solution Centre Engineer - Wholesale
- IT Business Analyst
- QRADAR Engineer
- Enterprise Acquisition Business Development Manager
- Business Development Manager - New Business
- SIEM Cyber Security Analyst
- Sales Account Manager
- Software Developer (PHP)
- Identity & Access Manager
- Senior Security Consultant
- Network Security Consultant
- Cyber Security Data Loss Prevention Senior Consultant / Manager