Plant / Baler Operative
Are you an experienced environmental or recycling operative, looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Plant / Baler Operative to join our team in Ipswich on a permanent basis.
Plant / Baler Operative responsibilities:
- Operating baler equipment safely and competently as required by the operational needs of the site.
- Ensuring daily checks and operators’ maintenance of site plant is carried out in accordance with manufacturers’ and company instructions.
- Reporting any defects via the approved system.
- Operating in accordance with Company Health and Safety Procedures at all times.
- Keeping the workplace tidy and free from debris.
- Keeping daily records of the bales created.
- On occasions, providing holiday cover for other site staff such as line leaders and mobile plant operatives.
The ideal Plant / Baler Operative:
In order to be successful for this role, you will need to have proven experience in operating balers and working in a transfer station or materials recycling facility in a similar position.
You will also need:
- Ability to operate vehicles and machinery in a safe manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Licensed to drive shovel or FLT is beneficial.
In return for this Plant / Baler Operative position, we can offer a competitive salary of £22,000 and attractive benefits package, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a Company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Plant / Baler Operative then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date – 8th August 2016
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Electrician (Farm Maintenance)
- PR & Events Officer
- Digital Marketing Officer
- Hygiene Operative
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- LV and HGV Technical Trainer / Assessor
- Software Test Engineer – Automotive Diagnostics
- Air Hygiene Team
- Software Test Team Leader – Automotive Diagnostics
- Sales Executive
- Project Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- Home Support Worker
- Estate Agent / Valuer
- Design Engineer
- Sales Executive – Service Plans