Non-Medical Prescriber RGN - Community Substance Misuse
Non-Medical Prescriber RGN - Community Substance Misuse - Drug and Alcohol Recovery - Warrington, North West England - Minimum £35,000 - negotiable dependent on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
I am currently recruiting for an exciting new opportunity in Warrington in a community based recovery service for those affected by Alcohol and Substance Misuse.
This is a Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm based role covering 2 services.
My client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered General Nurse (RGN) qualified Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP) to join their strong team of nurses.
As a non-medical prescriber, you will be joining a multi-disciplinary team offering specialist prescribing services, rapid access to assessment, responsive titration and a range of clinical and psychosocial interventions to people entering the Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service through referral, open access or the criminal justice system.
This will include BBV testing, vaccinations, ECG's and support through alcohol and opiate detoxification.
They are looking for someone who has an in-depth knowledge of the issues affecting people with substance misuse and experience of coordinating interventions with the service user.
The post holder will need to be comfortable with the recovery principles in addictions, ITEP and NICE guidance on detoxification and stabilisation protocols.
The individual should demonstrate skills to ensure that the care delivered, is specific and evidence based, adhering to service user's needs and will be required to hold a small caseload.
As a Non-Medical Prescriber RGN, your role will include;
-To provide a safe, effective and evidence based care and interventions for service users and clinical interventions for alcohol and substance misuse assisted withdrawal
-To work in collaboration with clinical lead, Consultant Psychiatrist, nurses to aid in the safe delivery of Alcohol and Substance Misuse detox and assisted withdrawal services
-To support service users affected by alcohol and substance misuse to achieve and sustain their recovery
-Admissions assessments and detox prescribing
-Physical and medical assessments
-Risk assessments Client case management
-Administration and distribution of Medication and Controlled Drugs
-Overseeing the wellbeing of client's recovery from a psychosocial perspective as well as medical
The successful candidate for this Nurse position will have:
-A Registered Nurse (RMN or RGN) qualification
-A current registration with the NMC (RMN or RGN) and a legal right to work in the UK
-Experience in a similar clinical role within a substance misuse environment
-Non-Medical Prescriber Qualification
If you would like to be considered for this role please send your CV to Jordan on firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call 0161 235 6953
More Jobs from Liquid Personnel
- Senior Service Quality Inspector - RGN or RMN
- Band 6 Occupational Therapist - Neuro/Stoke Community Rehab
- Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Care - Flintshire
- Occupational Therapist Band 6 - In Patient Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Service - Wrexham
- Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Hyper Acute stroke team
- Lead Ward Nurse - RGN - Established Cosmetic Hospital
- Health and Wellbeing Nurse (RGN or RMN) - Inpatient Detox Unit
- Staff Nurse (RGN or RMN) - Elderly Nursing Home - Malvern
- Registered Nurse (RGN) - Dementia Ward - Hospital
- Specialist Social Worker - Children's & Families Team -Somerset
- Social Worker - Fostering - South Gloucestershire -Up to £31ph
- Social Worker - Duty and Child Protection Team - Slough
- Social Worker - Adults - Learning Disabilities - Brent - £27ph
- Hospital Discharge - Team Manager - Halifax - £41 per hour
- Senior Social Worker - Intervention Service Support Team
- Adults Social Worker - Community - Derbyshire - £23 per hour
- Social Worker - Adults Community Team - West Midlands - £25ph
- Physiotherapist - Community MSK - Band 6 - West Lancashire
- Occupational Therapist - Visual Impairment Rehabilitation