Account Executive (Insurance)
Accounts Executive (Insurance) - c£28K-£32K plus benefits
Our client seeks to employ an Accounts Executive within their Commercial and Agricultural Insurance Team.
Main duties will include:
- Manage own client bank and areas of responsibility, so that a positive contribution is made to achieving Company sales forecast, plans, programmes and budgets.
- To work closely with the Account Handlers, ensuring a high level of liaison with, and understanding of, their requirements to maximise client satisfaction.
- Develop good communications with all other areas of the business and with clients.
- In conjunction with Account Handlers, complete detailed reviews of the insurance requirements of existing and potential new clients, and prepare detailed reports and registers in this respect.
Negotiate with Underwriters in placing, amending or renewing clients’ insurance programme.
Ensure all documentation associated with placing, amending or renewing clients’ insurance programmes is completed in a reasonable timescale and is accurate.This will include credit control.
- Assist clients in initial reporting and subsequent negotiation with insurers of a satisfactory settlement of claims, as required.
- Provide risk advice/risk management/risk prevention to clients, in conjunction with Underwriters as appropriate.
- To be able to develop rural and general commercial new business with appropriate application of time management.
- Contribute towards the development of a high Company image of professionalism, competence and client satisfaction.
- Assist, when required, with the Accounts function of the business in carrying out credit control with relevant clients.
- The job requires a thorough knowledge of:
- The principles, practices and legalities of all major classes of General Insurance.
- The UK General Insurance market in respect of both Personal and Commercial insurances.
Underwriting and rating factors, and how these are applied in relation to all major classes of Personal Lines insurance.
- Industrial processes, construction methods and factors, security measures,
- Health & Safety legislation and Risk Management techniques.
- The Company’s Complaints Procedure.
- The operation of the Company’s IT system, including procedures, authority limits and audit trails.
- Report writing and insurance register preparation techniques.
- The Law of Agency.
- The Data Protection Act.
- Credit Management procedures.
- Requirements of money laundering legislation.
- The companies FSA compliance procedures
This job is office based, but may involve travelling to clients’ premises.
More Jobs from ACR Solutions Ltd
- Senior Manager (Corporate Accounts)
- Audit Manager
- PR Director (Programs)
- Regional Marketing Manager (German Speaking)
- Financial Controller (Practice)
- Tax Senior
- Networking Security Professional
- Lead 3D Environment Artist
- Corporate Partnerships Executive (3rd Sector)
- Graduate Technical Consultant
- Customer Support Manager
- Software Developer
- Draftsperson (Steel Detailer)
- PR Manager (Food & Drink)
- Email Marketing Specialist
- Global Product Manager (Internet Technology)
- Devops Engineer
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Campaign Planning & Aggregator Manager
- Commercial & Reporting Controller