Senior Marketing Manager - Telco
We're recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager with experience in developing and launching large-scale marketing campaigns (value circa £3m+) and hopefully also experience of launch campaigns for consumer focused products / services.
Having experience established within a consumer technology/telco/digital business would be ideal, since this is a role working in the emerging space of Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC). So it's an exciting market to be involved in with a raft of new solutions to be brought to the mass mobile market over the next year or two, as mobile technology evolves to further integrate with fixed technology solutions, providing a seamless consumer experience.
You'd be working for one of the UK's biggest names the telecoms market, working in the Brand Marketing team and be responsible for developing the brand campaign strategy for the mass consumer launch of this range of new FMC services and later down the line, see through the creation and delivery end-to-end of large-scale through the line campaigns, including the development and execution of TV adverts.
This is a new role to the business, so there's plenty of scope to explore the boundaries of this role.
You will also be on board pre-launch, so initially there's going to be more heavy lifting and strategy to start with.
So you're going to be knee-deep in research, identifying the market opportunity, target audience, how to position the brand and messaging to achieve cut through.
Getting things ready for launch, working with the product and propositions teams, gaining buy-in from senior executives to the finalised launch campaign strategy in place, rolling into the annual brand communications plan.
Moving into execution, you're going to be handling big budgets and campaigns up to around £5m in scale.
These will be completely TTL, owning agency relationships to ensure deadlines are met and output is of the right quality.
Once live, you will then be responsible for ensuring appropriate measures and checks are in place to ensure campaigns are achieving the appropriate and agreed success measures, which will include both brand metrics (recall and awareness, consideration and next purchase intent) and hard sales conversion metrics.
Owner of the marketing plan as well as defining the product's brand strategy, including:
- Ensuring customer insights are at the heart of any plans developed
- Aligning the plan to achieve both brand and commercial results, tweaking and changing things in-life to ensure the overall targets are achieved
- Ensure key messaging is translated across all relevant media channels in execution, so the customer has one single point of truth about the product, it's meaning to them and value
- Work cross-functionally with other marketing, commercial and regulatory teams to ensure brand and marketing messaging resonates with the target audience and are correct
Role: Senior Marketing Manager - Telco
Salary: £55,000 to £70,000 (dependant on experience)
Benefits: c~£5k car allowance, up to 20% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
This is a very big consumer brand business.
They're a major player within consumer mobile as well as offering a wider range of products and service to the UK consumer.
The team you will be part of is the Brand Marketing function.
It's a team of circa 35+ split by product category and business area.
You will report to the divisional director for Consumer Mobile and be charged with taking control of the development of the FMC product category's brand and performance based campaigns - looking at how it's positioned and going to be marketed to the UK consumer in order to excite and drive up-take of the core product offering as well.
- Exposure to Fixed Mobile Convergence is not necessary - since it's a new area
- Mass consumer marketing background
- You've had experience in developing the brand communications strategies for a product or service - evidencing your strategy piece will be crucial, since initially it's going to be the core of the role
- You've worked on launch work before, so understand the thought piece that needs to go before
- Good level of experience in developing and executing ATL and BTL campaigns, including TV based executions
- You've worked with a marketing budget of £5m+
- Experience can be across consumer telecoms, technology, subscriptions consumer media (TV ideally), or Consumer Mobile industries - similarly, if you've come from a classical consumer focused FMCG background and can evidence the above, and have an interest in consumer technology and telecoms, we'd like to hear from you.
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship will not be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
More Jobs from Blue Pelican
- Product Manager, TV Set-Top Box and Digital App
- Propositions Manager - Telco
- Marketing Manager, on /offline acquisition marketing
- Senior Product Development Manager – Consumer Mobile Services
- Consumer Research & Insight Manager - Gaming
- Senior Research Manager
- Data Driven CRM Strategist / CRM Manager
- CRM Assistant / Direct Marketing Assistant
- Research Analyst
- Digital & Email Marketing Consultant
- Senior Direct Marketing & CRM Strategy Consultant
- Account Manager
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant - Marketing
- Digital Account Manager - Global
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant - Marketing
- Principal Data Scientist – Start-Up global function
- Senior Data Strategist / Senior Data Planner
- Data Strategy Director
- Analyst – Pricing, Promotions & Ranging
- Marketing Manager, Digital Programmatic and Direct Response