Senior Customer Marketing Manager - CRM/In-Life
We're recruiting on behalf of one of the big consumer telecoms and media companies who are looking to hire a Senior CRM Customer Marketing Manager into their base management team.
But this isn't a typical ‘churning out volumes of CRM campaigns to drive cross and upsell', instead, this role is specifically focused on customer retention through pro-active protection and engagement.
The aim is to drive down a customer's propensity to churn by identifying threats from the external market, knowing the customer lifecycle and key moments of truth and working with these to develop and execute a customer communications strategy which builds engagement, defends against competitor activity and leaves the customer feeling a sense of being valued and getting value from the business too.
As the Senior Customer Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for helping set the vision and strategy for pro-active churn management campaigns.
Identifying the right opportunities to delight customers whilst considering the commercial ramifications of decisions, taking into account competitor activities of all sorts, which will include offers, new product launches, new market entrants and the risk as well as potential impact of these on churn figures.
You will then devise an appropriate strategy to pro-actively engage customers to ensure they remain delighted and so continue to be customers of the business.
This will result in you overseeing the development and execution of highly focused, sophisticated and personalised multi-channel BTL campaigns with the support of a Customer Marketing Manager assisting in the development and execution.
These could be triggered by a multitude of things, including the likes of:
- Competitor launch of a new product or service in that customers area - so highly geo-location focused campaigns looking to protect against customer losses
- Upgrade campaigns - should a customer have an old wifi router or set-top box.
You will be delighting them with the prospect of a new one being delivered to their door
- Service enhancement campaigns - to promote the benefits of being a customer and how they're valued, including new ways of engaging/receiving their services or just service upgrades themselves (new channels, broadband upgrades and the likes)
- Value campaigns - showing a customer the benefits they receive and demonstrating they're on the right product/service, receiving value for money
This will be a new role to the Base Management team, so there's real opportunity to make your mark and establish parameters as well as opportunities too.
You will be reporting to the Head of Customer Marketing and initially one direct report, a Customer Marketing Manager.
You will be part of a customer base management team of around 25-30 people overall.
This is a very large-scale and high volume campaign environment, so you can expect to be kept busy.
The business offers multiple services across fixed line, TV and mobile services including a range of tariffs too.
They have in excess of ten million of customers, and employ a robust test and learn programme in order to enhance understanding of optimal contact strategy, message, offer design and channel mix.
The existing channel mix for Customer Marketing includes direct mail, email, SMS, outbound telemarketing, digital media (paid and owned), as well as social media too.
Your remit will be the development of the programme, and overseeing its deployment into campaigns across this media mix, with the end goal of achieving the business objectives of reducing churn and improving customer engagement/satisfaction whilst maintaining overall value growth.
Role: Senior Customer Marketing Manager - CRM
Salary: £50,000 to £65,000
Benefits: ~£5k car allowance, up to 20% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Management experience of at least 1 report
- Experience of developing and executing pro-active churn management programmes working on behalf of a large consumer business
- Sound CRM campaign planning and execution experience within a data driven CRM environment
- Solid multi-channel BTL marketing experience delivering personalised campaigns aimed at churn reduction
- Able to demonstrate where and how you've had a positive influence on business results through your work and the programmes you've overseen
- Must have experience within an environment of similar scale (i.e.
consumer focused, millions of customers and primarily BTL channel execution)
- Industry experience can be from across Telecoms, subscriptions media, retail banking, credit cards, insurance or other similar industries where CRM plays a key role in maintaining customer engagement
- Sound understanding of test and learn principals
- Data savvy and able to leverage this in CRM campaigns
- Really solid project management skills.
This will be a highly complex campaigns environment.
You've got to be able to remain on top of things
- Comfortable with creating and working with complex segmentation strategies
- Agency leadership experience, critiquing their work, holding them to account and getting the best out of them
- You've got polished stakeholder management skills and know how to navigate your way around a large corporate business
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
More Jobs from Blue Pelican
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant - Marketing
- Digital Account Manager - Global
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant - Marketing
- Principal Data Scientist – Start-Up global function
- Senior Data Strategist / Senior Data Planner
- Data Strategy Director
- Analyst – Pricing, Promotions & Ranging
- Marketing Manager, Digital Programmatic and Direct Response
- Customer Insight Analyst - SQL (SAS, SPSS, R)
- Product Manager, Digital TV / TV On-Demand
- Product Manager, TV Set-Top Box and Digital App
- Product Manager - Beauty
- Senior Product Manager - Beauty Cosmetics
- Campaign Delivery Executive – Multi-Channel Retail Marketing
- Global Brand Manager
- Digital Product Manager
- Product Manager
- Account Executive - Shopper Marketing
- Data Director – PARIS, FRANCE
- Senior Customer Insight Analyst – CONTRACT