Operational Scheduler / Production Planner
Operational Scheduler / Planner: An Operational Scheduler / Planner with a knowledge of manufacturing supply chain and production scheduling is required to help optimise operations for Alitex, a specialist mid-sized engineering firm, located on the Hampshire / Sussex border.
The company designs, manufactures and installs the most beautiful aluminium glazed structures for clients including the National Trust, Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, and high net worth individuals.
This is a new role supporting the Manufacturing Planning Manager
The key responsibilities of the Scheduler / Production Planner will be:
- Optimize operations plan to meet changing business needs.
- Identify and implement process improvements and cost optimization initiatives.
- Liaise with other teams in analysing and resolving production problems.
- Perform regular operations reviews to identify any issues/inconsistencies.
- Determine operational risk factors and provide relevant mitigation plans.
- Implement changes in workflow and work scope to meet business expectations.
- Build and improve on existing production planning processes.
- Develop comprehensive daily Design/production plans, in line with high level demand planning needs.
- Produce daily reports to track performance.
- Track Design/production daily to ensure the consistent flow of production in line with issued plans.
- Issue all required work instructions in line with issued plans.
- Flag any shortfalls in production so as to ensure continued supply to customer base.
Drive corrective steps.
- Support planning activity of Manufacturing Planning Manager.
- Identify cost reduction, quality and service improvement opportunities and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Standardise and document processes for department.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of manufacturing supply chain and production scheduling.
- Analytical problem solving skills
- High level of numeracy
- Able to prioritise workload within a high pressure environment.
- Ability to plan and organise workloads
- Drive route cause investigation to prevent re-occurrence of problems.
- Confidence to push for change through own initiative.
- Enthusiastic, good communication skills,
This is an exciting opportunity for an Operational Scheduler / Planner to make a real contribution in a fast paced, innovative, company offering long term career opportunities and progression.
Competitive salary plus benefits and great opportunities for progression.
Due to the rural location own transport is required.
Free parking on site.
Apply now for full details.
More Jobs from MaxAd
- Service Desk Operator
- Service Desk Coordinator
- Pre-Sales Consultant
- Hand Finishing Operators
- Financial Controller
- Regional Director
- Field Sales Engineer (Northern Ireland)
- Full Stack PHP Developer
- Financial Controller
- QS / Chartered Surveyor
- CRM Digital Campaigns Specialist
- Project Coordinator
- ACC Qualified Clinical Coders
- Multi Skilled Tradesman / Joiner
- Bench Joiner
- Wood Machinist
- Telemarketing Executive
- 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer
- IT Directors / CTOs / CIOs
- Office Administrator