MATHEMATICAL OPTIMISATION DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Our client is an industry leader in developing and delivering state of the art engineering software products and superior technical support to oil and gas industry.
They have an impressive range of clients worldwide, including all major operators as well as service and contract companies.
They operate globally from a head office in Edinburgh, and regional offices in USA and the Far East.
Do you have a significant interest in innovative technology, a forward-thinking thinking, driven approach and are committed to continuous professional development?
If so, you will have exposure to the end to end life cycle of a technology solution - implementation, deployment and ongoing client support.
You will be working as part of a team researching and developing engineering models to improve and represent the physics and engineering principles around the modelling of oil and gas fields.
Activities may include: algorithm development, software coding, interface design and testing of the software tool kit in line with the product development plan.
The company place a large emphasis on personal development and will allow you to deepen your knowledge in the physics and engineering field.
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Strong academic background with an advanced degree in (PhD, MSc, BSc) in, mathematics or physics preferably from a leading university.
- Programming experience in C, C++, C#, .Net, and/or FORTRAN.
- Comfortable working in a deadline environment working on projects.
- Experience in oil and gas modelling and implementation is desirable but not essential as full training is provided.
A highly competitive package which includes salary, depending on experience, of up to £55k, performance related bonuses, other benefits and relocation assistance where required.
Start date: ASAP
Contact Name: David Joynes
FPSG has an unrivalled reputation for successfully delivering specialist recruitment, career development and leadership solutions to organisations and candidates across our core Banking, Sales & Marketing, Professional, Operational and Technology markets.
We recruit for retention and recognise that each candidate, each client, each market and each industry has individual requirements. We help you get it right the first time so that your organisation / career can flourish - creating time efficiencies and providing peace of mind that you're in safe hands.
FPSG operates as a recruitment agency in providing permanent job-seeking services and as a recruitment business in providing temporary and contract job-seeking services.
* Glasgow (HQ)
FPSG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
More Jobs from FPSG Connect
- Permanent Customer Service Advisor - NEW!
- Facilities Assistant - FTC
- German Client Support Specialist (City Centre)
- Greek speaking Client Support Specialist (City Centre)
- eDiscovery, Digital Forensic - Sen Investigator
- SPLUNK Consultant (Security Engineer)
- Senior Investigator: eDiscovery & Investigations
- Senior Associate Tax - Malta
- German Customer Service Advisor
- Spanish + 1 other language speaking Customer Service Advisor
- French Customer Service Advisor
- Danish / Swedish / Finnish / Norwegian Customer Advisor
- Dutch Customer Service Advisor
- Welsh Customer Service Advisor
- Senior Associate Corporate Services Provider - Malta
- Paralegal - Personal Injury
- Linux Engineer
- Senior UI Developer
- Windows Engineer
- Corporate Financing Manager - Switzerland