Mobile Support Workers - Salisbury
Recruiting for Care is one of the UKs leading providers of permanent recruitment solutions to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
Our client is a healthcare provider which operates 365 days a year providing round the clock care to service users and ensure they deliver the best possible care to their service users.
We are currently recruiting for 4 Mobile Support Workers to work in the Salisbury, you will visit service users in their place of residence offering support as necessary to promote their wellbeing and enable them to remain at home; avoiding unnecessary hospital admission or a move to residential care.
As a Mobile Responder you will be responsible for:
- You will respond to alerts raised by a variety of equipment designed to keep service users safe in their own environment.
- You will be required to deal with alerts that may be triggered by such events as a fall, flood, equipment failure, failure to take medication or simple verbal requests for assistance.
- The Responder will work as part of the monitoring and mobile response team functioning throughout Salisbury over the 24 hour period.
- You will report to the Manager or Team Leader and work closely with the Call Advisors to deliver a proactive response to alerts from equipment installed in service users own homes.
- Provide timely practical, enabling and emotional support and advice to service users and their carers that assists the service user to remain, living independently, in their own home.
- You will respond to requests for pro-active support visits and ‘no contact' referrals within agreed timescales.
- Upon attendance at the incident you will be required to assess and respond to the immediate needs of the service user and on leaving the service users' home ensure that the service user and their home is safe and secure.
- In the event that a service user has fallen you will consider the principles of first aid then use specialist equipment whilst applying safe moving and handling techniques to assist the service user up.
- Alternatively you will ensure service user safety and comfort until an appropriate response is available i.e.
- You will ensure all actions are logged and full communication is reported back to the call centre.
- You will be trained in the use of the response centre telephony and the PNC6 Computer system in order to have a clear understanding of how the monitoring centre supports the service user and provide team cover in the event of absence.
- Maintain an open communication link with the response centre at all times.
Candidates must have:
- Experience of working in a health or social care environment
- Full Driving Licence
- Passion for working with and supporting vulnerable adults
- Effective interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Ability to recognise risk and act appropriately to minimise harm
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 Health & Social care
- Food handling & hygiene certificates
- Emergency First Aid at Work training certificate from an Accredited Body
Hourly Rate is £8.61 - £10.75 you will be required to work days, nights and weekends on a rota basis.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then please contact Leanne Irving today on 0151 545 5336 or 07940747500 or e-mail your CV online.
More Jobs from Recruiting for Care
- Doctor - Functional Assessor
- Mental Health Adviser (6 month contract)
- Staff Nurses - RGN, RMN, RNLD (£14.80ph)
- Staff Nurses - Brain Injuries (Nights) - up to £18ph
- Occupational Health Physician (OHP) - Newcastle (3 days pw)
- Occupational Health Physician (OHP) - York
- Bank Registered Nurse
- Healthcare Assistant - Wirral - Permanent
- Registered General Nurses (RGN) - Hemel Hempstead
- Occupational Health Advisor (OHA) - Milton Keynes / Luton
- Occupational Health Adviser
- Medical Doctor - Functional Assessor - Lewes
- Medical Doctor - Functional Assessor - Hastings
- Medical Doctor - Functional Assessor - Carmarthen
- Medical Doctor - Functional Assessor - Pontllanfraith
- Doctor - Functional Assessor - Newtown
- Doctor - Functional Assessor - Bangor
- Medical Doctor - Functional Assessor (Northampton)
- Domiciliary Care Workers - Baldock (full or part-time)
- Registered Manager (Domiciliary Care)