Mechanical Inspector / Quality Technician
Mechanical Inspector / Quality Technician required to join a global company in the Oldham / Ashton-under-Lyne / East Manchester area.
Salary is £20,000 - £22,000 plus excellent benefits (dependent on experience and qualifications) working Mon - Fri days based over the core business hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity, with training, security and long term career prospects.
Job Objective: Reporting into the Quality Manager, the role of Quality Inspector involves maintaining the quality standards within an aerospace manufacturing and distribution company.
The successful Quality Inspector / Technician day to day duties will include:
- Carrying out First Article Inspections on production items
- Checking production items to ensure compliance to drawings and specifications
- Conducting investigations into customer concerns to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Liaison with all departments regarding quality issues
- Goods-in inspection to verify incoming raw materials
- In-process inspection to ensure ongoing product quality during production
- Creating work instructions, as required
- Finished goods inspection to ensure goods are satisfactory to ship to customer
- Analysing data and generate reports, as required by the QHSE Manager
- Performing product and process audits
- Experience with Technical drawings
To be suitable for this QA Inspector / Technician role it is essential that you have the following experience and skills:
- Recently worked in a manufacturing environment
- Inspection and distribution experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / QA standards.
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Excellent communicational skills (Oral, Reading & Writing).
- High standard of PC Literacy
- Excellent problem solving skills and a logical thought process.
- Full UK driving licence.
To be more suitable for this FAIRs Inspector / Quality Technician role you will have the following experience / qualifications:
- Mechanical engineering qualifications
- Completed relevant engineering apprenticeship
- Auditing Experience / Qualifications
- Previous experience of working the Aerospace Industry / knowledge of AS 9100
- Proven track record as Quality Inspector / Technician within a QMS environment working under ISO9001.
Key Words: Quality Inspector, QA, Mechanical Inspection QC, ISO 9001, Quality Technician, ISO9100, FAIR's, First Article Inspection Report, Auditing, QSE Assistant, Manufacturing, Production, Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester
The successful Mechanical Inspector / QA Technician will need to be self motivated, who is proactive and has a flexible approach with a positive work ethic.
You will have recent experience of working for a manufacturing company and inspection experience.
To apply, please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Lead EC&I Engineer/Responsible Engineer
- Ground worker
- Accounts Administrator
- COTS LABOURERS
- 2 Part 2 Scaffolders Required
- Part Time Cleaner
- Electrical Software Engineer
- Auto Electrician
- Concrete Finisher
- Engineering Manager
- Compex Electrician
- Export Sales Administrator
- Field Service Engineer / Service Technician - Gas Engines
- Vehicle Mechanic
- Mechanical Technician
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Purchasing Assistant / Buyer Administrator
- Branch Leader (Automotive)