Groups, Conference and Events Sales Agent
Groups, Conference & Events Sales Agent
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham, 1 Brunswick Square, Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2HW
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 20 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe.
The Groups, Conference & Events Sales Agent role involves a range of duties, including: taking enquiries and bookings by telephone and online, processing, amending and updating so that upon arrival the conference and event function requirements are accurate and all arrangements are made to the maximum satisfaction of our guests.
You will carry out showrounds, take advance deposits and deal with our varied and exciting events which may include conferences, meetings, exhibitions, weddings, private dining and party night bookings.
Attention to detail is paramount so that we gain a thorough knowledge of our bookers needs.
Following up enquiries, you will convert into sales ensuring maximum occupancy and budgeted targets are achieved on every occasion.
Proactively selling you will identify opportunities for upselling on every booking.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do.
Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Groups, Conference & Events Sales Agent include:
* Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
* Analysing why customers behave as they do and adapts accordingly.
* Promoting effective relationships with customers and internal departments.
* Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
* Looking for sales opportunities within the thinking and planning process
* Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
* Providing clear and timely information to customers and the sales department.
* Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests
The successful applicant must have previous experience in hospitality working in a similar role in hotel or conference related environment with proven record of displaying attention to detail and demonstrating a high level of customer service.
Working in an administration/reception background you will be computer literate and able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve NVQ/SNVQ qualifications and the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
* The Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham is located in the heart of Birmingham close to the International Convention Centre, The Crescent Theatre, Symphony Hall and the National Indoor Arena.
The hotel is a short walk from Birmingham New Street Station with good connectivity to main arterial routes via Broad Street.
The hotel is rated as 4 star, has 238 guestrooms/suites, a fitness studio, Brindley Lounge and City Cafe.
There are 4 conference rooms at the hotel.
* Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
* Please visit http://www.valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Groups, Conference & Events Sales Agent position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
More Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Night Porter
- Food and Beverage Assistant
- Bar Person
- Commis Chef
- Kitchen Porter
- Maintenance Assistant
- Reception Supervisor
- Chef de Partie
- Maintenance Handy Person
- Operations Manager
- Assistant Night Manager
- Conference and Events Assistant ( Christmas Contract)
- Assistant Food and Beverage Services Manager
- Head Housekeeper
- Public Area Cleaner
- Guest Services Manager
- Chef de Partie
- Sous Chef
- Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager