Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children.
Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for Biomedical Engineer's to join our client in the coming months.
The Biomedical Engineer III acts as the subject matter expert (SME) on particular classes of complex medical equipment, most of which are integrated with the hospital's EMR system.
The incumbent performs equipment evaluation prior to equipment purchase and provides technical “ownership” of the assigned classes of equipment.
He/ She is responsible for ensuring that hardware, software upgrades and patches are up to date and safe for use for patient and staff; Performs receiving checks, safety checks, maintenance, calibration and fault finding on biomedical patient care equipment; Uses fully digital test devices which integrate an automated BME testing solution into an advanced CAFM application and a Wi-Fi based facility-wide RFID/RTLS tracking system.
The Biomedical Engineer III provides training to other Engineers and technicians and provides a resource in the guidance to operational staff on the use of medical equipment.
This position is responsible for providing quality care by supporting the activities of the Biomedical Engineering Department within the framework of existing policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 5+ years Senior level hands on technical experience in the Biomedical Engineering in a healthcare facility
- Demonstrated experience participating in JCAHO/JCI surveys
- Proven technical background in multiple areas of Biomedical Engineering (i.e.
OR, Anesthesia, Imaging, Laboratory, IT/IM Systems, etc.)
- Skilled in the use of electronic medical equipment database programs.
- Understanding of automated test equipment concepts
- Familiar with the JCIA, AAMI, ECRI, NFPA, ANSI, FDA, etc.
and the ability to implement the latest standards.
- Understanding of leading edge technologies affecting BME departments
- Skilled in the understanding of current electrical safety codes.
- Multicultural workplace experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits.
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project.
Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc.
also need to be considered.
We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Clinical Services Manager - Pharmacy
- Endoscopy Lead Sister/Charge Nurse
- Senior Cross Sectional Radiographer Band 7
- Anaesthetic Team Manager - Band 7
- Staff Nurse Orthopaedics (Band 6)
- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics (Band 6)
- Theatre Scrub Practitioner (Band 6)
- Theatre Team Leader (10 months F.T.C.)
- Staff Nurse (Band 5) - Hospice
- Practice Development Lead - Theatres
- Senior Staff Nurse - Interventional Cardiology
- Clinical Systems Engineer
- Dental Assistant
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Neurology
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Endocrinology
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Paediatric Surgery
- Oncology Nurse for Homecare
- Dementia Nurses for Homecare
- Palliative Care Nurse-Homecare
- Registered Nurses - Rehabilitation in Patients' Own Homes