Industrial Refrigeration Engineer
To carry out maintenance, service and repairs on refrigerating, air conditioning and process plant, whilst at all time providing exceptional customer service.
The job holder will have responsibility for:
- Carry out service and maintenance work and professionally complete all necessary paperwork.
- Partake in a 24 hour 7 day week call out rota system.
- Report all health and safety issues directly to line manager.
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
- Read blueprints to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to build refrigeration system.
- Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches.
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment.
- Lay out reference points for installation of structural and functional components, using measuring instruments.
- Schedule work with customers and initiate work orders, house requisitions and orders from stock.
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Lift and align components into position, using hoist or block and tackle.
- Insulate shells and cabinets of systems.
Complete Job Costing in an office environment where required under the instruction of management.
- Produce service quotations in an office environment where required under the instruction of management.
- To assist management in identifying business opportunities.
- To report all business opportunities to the service or regional manager.
The client is market leader in refrigeration installations for the food, non-food, process and marine industries.
From advice and engineering, to the installation and maintenance of industrial cooling and refrigeration systems.
The preferred job holder will match the following requirements:
- Safe Handling of Refrigerants certificate in either City & Guilds or valid CITB.
- F GAS certificate - City & Guilds (2079) or CITB.
- NVQ Level 2 Small Commercial Refrigeration and Air conditioning systems.
- NVQ Level 3 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems.
- Good practical skills and good hand skills.
- Ability to follow technical drawings, building plans, and other instructions.
- Ability to work carefully, methodically and safely.
- Ability to measure accurately.
- A head for heights and be prepared to work in all sorts of weather.
- Willing to work in confined spaces.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A good team player but also has the ability to work on own initiative.
- Good problem solving skills.
More Jobs from Armstrong Evans Ltd
- CHP Field Service Engineer
- Generator Control Systems Design Engineer
- Gas Turbines Sales Manager
- Generator Service Engineer
- "Project Manager" (Backup Power)
- Air Conditioning Engineer
- Generator Product Sales Manager
- Commercial Specialist
- UPS Service Manager
- Service Manager
- Generator Engineer (Electrically biased)
- Sales Manager (UPS Product)
- UPS Engineer
- Industrial Refrigeration Design Engineer
- CHP Field Service Engineer
- Electrical Estimator
- Sales Manager
- Senior Mechanical Engineer- Drivetrain
- Internal Sales Support
- Business Development Manager