Commercial Accountant | Permanent | North Dublin | DOE
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant information on financial and business performance.
- Develop processes and reporting to facilitate informed decision making.
- Ensure robust financial control environment to safeguard company assets.
Area of Responsibility:
Meet business financial information needs
- Analysis of business performance and communication to management team.
- Manage financial and commercial control aspects of key projects.
- Contribution to the weekly and period end through the provision of information and analysis.
Ensure the necessary financial control framework is in place to safeguard the assets of the business.
- Track the budget and forecast through weekly and period reporting.
- Effective communication to the FC/CFO of deficiencies identified.
- Management of key control processes to insure their continued effectiveness in line with Group and best practice.
- Implementation of agreed recommendations from either internal or external audits.
Work with the assigned MWP business area team to assist them in reaching their targets
- Work with the relevant business area management team to achieve sales, gross profit and cost targets.
- Accurate and timely reporting and understanding of key underlying drivers of sales, gross profit and cost performance.
- Advise management team or FC/CFO, both formally and informally of trends, or potential financial risks arising.
- Contribution to the financial planning process.
Strategic Planning and Budgets
- Work with management team, by providing quality data and analysis, to devise and implement both annual budget and long term strategy and financial plans.
- Deliver on group financial reporting requirements; i.e.
forecast, budget, 3 year strategy plan, and other ad hoc reporting requirements arising from projects.
Ensure the integrity, quality and timeliness of the financial systems to deliver information to the business.
- Monitor financial systems to advise FC/CFO on the integrity and stability of the systems.
- Maintain strong cross functional relationships with IT department, to enable the effective communication of deficiencies on the systems and timely mediation of same.
- Maintain knowledge and contribute to best in class financial IT strategy.
- Assist in ensuring financial systems are capable of supporting the delivery of strategy.
- Performance will be reviewed on a continuous basis to ensure task deadlines are met and required accuracy levels are attained.
Area of Responsibility: Health and Safety
Under the 2005 Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act, employees are responsible for their own health, safety and well-being.
Employees must comply with requirements as specified under the 2005 Health and Welfare at Work Act.
And must :
- Attend training and undergo such assessment as may be necessary
Report accidents and incidents to their manager
- Attendance at Health and Safety Training as required
Knowledge and Skills
- Professionally Accountancy Qualification (CIMA); Business Related Degree
- 2/3 years post-qualification experience
- Financial reporting & analysis experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Evidence of having added value to the business
- A self-starter, highly motivated with a continuous improvement focus
- A fast learner and open to new ideas
- Strong communication skills with an ability to engage fully with all business functions
- Highly systems oriented and literate
- Experience of working to deadlines is crucial
- Strong excel skills essential for this role
- Finance team
- Operations, Sales & Supply Chain Teams
- Long Term Stable Relationships
- Working Hard
- Not being Greedy
More Jobs from Wallace Myers International
- Assistant Manager Louth - 37k
- Assistant Manager Cavan - 37k
- Assistant Store Manager - Charleville - 37k
- Assistant Store Manager - Kerry - 37k
- Assistant Store Manager Waterford 37k
- Assistant Store Manager
- Assistant Manager Kildare - 37k
- Assistant Manager Meath - 37k
- Assistant Manager Limerick Clare - 37k
- Assistant Manager Limerick Ireland - 37k
- Assistant Manager Galway - 37k
- Trainee Area Manager West Ireland 50k + Package
- Assistant Store Manager Althone €37K + Health
- Trainee Area Manager Midlands 50k + Package
- Assistant Manager Mayo Ireland - 37k
- Trainee Area Manager Dublin 50k + Package
- Assistant Store Manager Dublin €37K
- GLOBAL REGULATORY REPORTING SPECIALIST
- Financial Controller
- Flagship Store Manager Salary (D.O.E)