Are you an experiencedEngineer, Technician or Fitter looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Maintenance Fitter to join our team in Sharston, Manchester. Working 40 hrs per week.
What will I be responsible for?
The primary purpose of this role is to provide maintenance services to base site and other company facilities as required.
Ensuring that all repairs and maintenance work is carried out with the highest regard to safety, to a high standard and in a cost effective manner.
Maintenance Fitter key responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance tasks, inspections and servicing of refuse processing, recycling and recovery plant and machinery in accordance with the companies’ requirements
- Undertake assessments of malfunctioning equipment and advise supervisory staff of corrective actions required to return the equipment to full working order
- Ensure Company Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to and all relevant visitors and employees are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety Legislation
- Complete all other documentation as required by the role
- Undertake role profile duties at other facilities as required
- Fault finding, corrections and testing to relevant standards
The ideal Maintenance Fitter:
- Completion of appropriate apprenticeship or technical qualification in relevant discipline
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations
- Numerate and literate with the ability to produce basic reports and management data as required
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A Full Driving Licence is essential to the role
- Ability to read hydraulic drawings, and or electrical drawings and interpret O & M manuals
In return for your hard work as a Maintenance Fitter, you can expect to receive a salary of £29,980.63 per annum plus a range of benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Maintenance Fitter then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date – 22nd August 2016
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Warehouse Shift Leader
- Multi Drop Driver
- Finance Manager - Automotive
- Apprentice - Administration / Customer Service
- General Sales Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Technical Author
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Electrician (Farm Maintenance)
- PR & Events Officer
- Digital Marketing Officer
- Hygiene Operative
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- LV and HGV Technical Trainer / Assessor
- Software Test Engineer – Automotive Diagnostics
- Air Hygiene Team