Are you an experienced Operations Manager looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for an Operations Manager to join our team in Skelmersdale.
Working 37.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday.
What will I be responsible for?
You will oversee safe and efficient day to day operations of the site in accordance with statutory legislation and relevant Codes of Practice, with a particular focus on health & safety and environmental areas of responsibility.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring that all operations are carried out in a safe, professional and timely manner and in accordance with all company policies and procedures and site permits.
- Maintaining professional standards required under the company’s ISO9001, OSH18001, ISO14001 and ISO 50001 certifications.
- Ensuring compliance with all permit and planning requirements.
- Ensuring our facility is adequately resourced and that all staff (including contractors & visitors) adhere to our Company Safe Systems of Work.
- Compilation of accurate and timely recording of financial, statistical data and information relevant to all site performance and administration systems.
The ideal Operations Manager:
- Thorough knowledge of transport and waste recycling operations and their relevant legislation
- Experience in the effective management of a large and diverse workforce
- Experience of controlling an allocated budget
- Previous experience of implementing Lean and/or Six Sigma methodology
- A Full Driving Licence is essential to the role
In return for your hard work as our Operations Manager, you can expect to receive a salary of £52,000 per annum with a range of benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Operations Manager then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 22nd August 2016
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Warehouse Shift Leader
- Multi Drop Driver
- Finance Manager - Automotive
- Apprentice - Administration / Customer Service
- General Sales Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Technical Author
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Electrician (Farm Maintenance)
- PR & Events Officer
- Digital Marketing Officer
- Hygiene Operative
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- LV and HGV Technical Trainer / Assessor
- Software Test Engineer – Automotive Diagnostics
- Air Hygiene Team