Reports directly to Supervisor - Ultrasound
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary imaging team, the Ultrasound Technologist - Obs, under the supervision of the Ultrasound Supervisor, performs the operational activities pertaining to the ultrasound imaging services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic imaging service.
The ultrasound imaging service provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and interventional ultrasound procedures on pediatric and adult patients on a referral basis and medical research.
The Ultrasound Technologist - Obs is responsible for the supervision of the junior technologists and students within the service to ensure the continuity of service delivery.
Through the production of high quality images, the Ultrasound Technologist - Obs is responsible to ensure a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, parents and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Supervises Technologist I - Ultrasound and Students As Directed
- Working Independently, Performs All Routine and Specialized Ultrasound Procedures, And Associated Responsibilities, As Dictated By The Workload In The Rostered Area
- Contributes To The Planning, Prioritization And Organizing Of The Ultrasound Workload For A Designated Section Of The Ultrasound Service Ensuring The Necessary Patient Care Is Provided To Patients Of All Ages
- Acts Independently In The Assessment Of Referrals For Ultrasound Examinations, Taking Full Responsibility To Ensure Evidence-Based Standards Of Practice With Ultrasound Imaging Are Applied To The Examination.
Full job description is available upon requested.
- BSc in Medical Imaging.
- Post-graduate qualification required if base degree is not within the ultrasound field.
- 5 years relevant experience in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Eligible for registration with the ARRT/CMPRT/HCPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as an Ultrasound Technologist.
- Licensed in country of origin as Ultrasound Technologist.
- Eligible for licensure as an Ultrasound Technologist in the State of Qatar.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in Ultrasound
- Demonstrated knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS) and Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Joint Commission and Joint Commission International accreditation standards and radiation safety guidelines
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of ongoing continual professional development
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pediatric and/or Obgyn Ultrasound techniques
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits (Medical Insurance/ Housing/ Utilities/ Transportation/ Education allowance/ paid annual leave & public holiday/ annual airfare allowance/ mobilisation & repatriation airfare/ relocation allowance/ professional development opportunities).
Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project.
Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc.
also need to be considered.
We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Dementia Nurses for Homecare
- Palliative Care Nurse-Homecare
- Registered Nurses - Rehabilitation in Patients' Own Homes
- Consultant - Radiology (Fetal and Women's Imaging)
- Consultant - Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Theatre Practitioner
- Consultant - Paediatric Ophthalmology
- Infection & Prevention Control Nurse
- Lead Nurse - Diagnostics and Outpatients
- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
- Physiotherapy Supervisor
- Senior Infrastructure Design Engineer
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Legal Counsel - Dispute Management
- Quantity Surveyor
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Histopathology
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Cytogenetics
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Point of Care Testing
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Microbiology and Virology
- Senior Biomedical Scientist - Clinical Chemistry