Senior Engineer - Systems Integration
Principal Systems Architect- Glasgow
We have an exciting opportunity with a leading Aerospace and Defence organisation.
We have recently created an embedded Systems Engineering and Integration team.
The Principal Systems Architect role is pivotal for ensuring the completeness of the overarching Marine Systems functional and physical architecture.
The role will provide specialist expertise in the use and deployment of MoDAF viewpoint.
As a Principal Systems Architect you'll:
- Plan, manage and implement the development of an appropriate functional architecture and Engineering Data Framework for Marine Systems in conjunction with other SE techniques and other stakeholders
- Develop, tailor and promulgate the policies, principles, and processes that will be adhered to in the development of the Marine Systems architecture and EDF
- Identify and manage resource and technology requirements for the development of the Marine Systems architecture
- Liaise with other SE team members to capture, analyse and map requirements in an architecting environment to support requirements analysis and traceability of solution elements
- Prioritise architecting tasking to ensure that Architecture Products are developed in an appropriate sequence to support the higher level integration plan.
- Lead and chair architecture review meetings with customers/stakeholders/system designers including individuals unfamiliar with the architecting process
You'll report to the Engineering Manager and assist in the mentoring of Engineers and Graduates.
To be successful in the role of Principal Systems Architect you'll have the following skills and experience:
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and of Systems Architecting
- Is proficient with the use of System Architect and DOORS
- Strong understanding of MoDAF and possessing deep knowledge of the development of MoDAF viewpoints
- Able to perform robust analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
- Desirably has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and of Marine Systems in particular - but not essential.
- Strong people management skills and leadership experience in a multi- disciplined engineering environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to senior management levels within the business
- Experience in engineering or a defence or delegated authority
In return, you'll receive a competitive rate of on £42.76 per hour initially for 6 months.
To apply for the position of Principal Systems Architect, please send your CV to Danielle Scoble via the email or call me on 0161 905 5174
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
More Jobs from JAM Recruitment Ltd
- Part Time Marketing Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Development Engineer
- Senior Quality Engineer
- Global Mobility Manager - Essen
- Business Development Director - Midwest USA
- Business Development Director - Northeast USA
- Immigration Practice Leader - Geneva
- Global Mobility Leader - Zurich
- Employee Relations Consultant - Clearwater
- International Mobility & Tax Manager - Paris
- Disponent(in) / Dispatcher - Frankfurt am Main
- Relocation Services Consultant - Zurich
- Destination Services Consultant - Zurich
- International Mobility Expert - Utrecht
- Relocation Specialist - Los Angeles
- Relocation Services Consultant - Birmingham
- Expatriate Compensation Manager - Minneapolis
- Global Mobility & Compensation Consultant - Amsterdam
- International Move Coordinator - Cologne