Warm-Hearted, Empathetic Support Workers
Caring, Open-Minded and Empathetic support workers are required for a growing support team based in Newcastle.
This Care providing company are growing at an exceptional rate, specialising in supporting members of the public with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
This Newcastle-based care provider are looking for a new team to assist in the support of 6 individuals, all of whom have learning difficulties and autism.
The role will be based on 1 site, with occasional travel required when taking service users on trips out.
This role involves the following;
· Using interpersonal skills and relationships to help people make choices, develop self-help, confidence and independence skills.
· Helping to seek inclusion opportunities and introduce the people you support to community facilities, clubs etc.
· Building good working relationships with the people you support, their friends and families, your colleagues and external organisations involved with the people you support.
You are required to show empathy and awareness for others' individuality, beliefs and cultures.
You will recognise and challenge any bias, prejudice and discrimination.
This will be a fantastic opportunity for you if you are;
· Able to work flexibly and to respond effectively and with maturity to changes in workload and the needs and aspirations of the people they support.
· Able to work as part of a team and also with independence.
· Able to build and sustain relationships with the people they support and their circles of support and enable them to expand those circles.
· Able to observe/monitor and report signs of triggers for risk behaviours and respond appropriately and responsibly.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive;
· A competitive hourly rate and unlimited earning potential with overtime and additional responsibilities.
· A generous training programme.
· A bespoke induction package to orientate you to the company model of support.
· A pension scheme with contribution by the company.
· Employee reward scheme, where you can save money every day on shopping or even larger purchases like holidays.
Due to the nature of the role, experience supporting adults with autism in a professional environment is essential.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market trends…
More Jobs from KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Marketing Executive
- HR & Training Assistant
- Senior SEO Consultant - Tonbridge - to £50,000
- IT Manager
- Graduate Engineer
- Business Development Executive
- Website Optimisation & Traffic Exec - Temp to Perm
- Service Manager (ServiceNow) - London
- Saturday Morning Cleaner - 4 hours - 8am to 12pm
- Estimator/Quantity Surveyor (Roofing)
- Temp - Receptionist for a School - 1 Month
- Sales Administrator (French Speaking)
- Production Machine Operator
- Forklift Driver (Market experience)
- Trainee Administrator (Various Companies)
- Admin Reception - Maternity cover
- Business Development Manager - Based in Frankfurt
- Sales Administrator (Electrical Manufacturer)