Junior Sous Chef 29kpa - Maidenhead
Junior Sous Chef £29k PA Package : near Maidenhead
The venue - a beautiful character thatched country pub/restaurant in a rural village close to Maidenhead.
The style can be described as creatively traditional comfort food served with an exceptional service front of house.
This particular venue has exceptional reviews for both its food and service and the owners are keen to maintain this reputation.
The level of cooking is 2 Rosette standard.
You will be Jnr Sous Chef, working with a talented Head Chef who has built a good team all with a strong attitude and willingness to develop and gain experience.
* To deputise in the Head Chef's absence To ensure that all chefs are familiar with the day's requirements
* To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity
* To ensure that fair discipline is maintained
* To ensure that all staff are treated fairly and with commonly accepted courtesy
* To ensure that timetables, leave rosters and attendance registers are up-to-date To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to and maintain records and logs
* To ensure that all maintenance problems are reported and followed up
* To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly To ensure that each cook receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature
* To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that subordinate staff perform their duties correctly
* To attend seminars and training courses as and when directed
* To further your own knowledge of management methods and principles to ensure future advancement and further upgrading in management standards for the profession as a whole
* To support all chefs with recipe knowledge and assist in troubleshooting
This is an exceptional position offering support and progression to a Sous Chef who wants to develop their career and offering a generous starting salary.
The next step: Please submit your CV and we will call you to informally discuss the position within 24 hours.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 28000-29000 Per Annum + Benefits
- Location: Maidenhead
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: Juice Hospitality
- Contact: Sarah Dinnage
- Tel: 01865 858686
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SD1424 (amended)
- Posted: 2016-08-07 23:35:02 -
- View all Jobs from Juice Hospitality