Mechanical Inspector / Calibration Engineer
Mechanical Inspector / Dimensional Calibration Engineer required immediately for a temp to perm / permanent position in the Aberdeen region.
Salary is £24,000 - £30,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) with long term security and career prospects.
The Mechanical Calibration Engineer will work circa 37 hours (Mon-Fri) based over the core business hours and will lead to a permanent role if the candidate performs well in the position.
The client may also consider candidates that have been a Standards Room Inspector, Mechanical Engineer, Tool Maker or Machinist and have experience of using standard measuring equipment and carrying out in-house calibrations.
The successful Mechanical Inspector / Dimensional Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate Jigs, Fixtures and Mechanical measuring instrumentation to specific parameters and in line with industry standards
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Standards Room Inspector / Mechanical Calibration Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience as a Dimensional Calibration Engineer, Mechanical / Standards Room Inspector or Toolmaker in a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Must have previous experience of using and calibrating Jigs, Fixtures, digital and manual measuring devices such as verniers, callipers, micrometers, DTI's, Plug and Ring Gauges, Screw Gauges, Engineers Squares, Gauge Blocks, Height Gauges.
- Must be PC literate
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of Geometric Tolerances.
The ideal Mechanical Inspector / Dimensional Calibration Engineer will have:
- Experience of component inspection.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline
- Calibrating mechanical measuring instrumentation to UKAS standards.
- Previous experience of working in the aerospace or calibration industry.
Key words: Calibration, Test Verification, Test & Measurement, Metrology, ISO9000 Quality Systems, UKAS, NPL, Dimensional, Mechanical, Engineer, Inspection, Toolmaker, Mechanical Engineer, Toolmaker, Standards Room Inspector, Tool Making, Mechanical Technician, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Oil, Gas, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
The successful Mechanical Engineer / Standards Room Inspector will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description.
With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Dimensional Calibration Technician / Inspection Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Lead EC&I Engineer/Responsible Engineer
- Ground worker
- Accounts Administrator
- COTS LABOURERS
- 2 Part 2 Scaffolders Required
- Part Time Cleaner
- Electrical Software Engineer
- Auto Electrician
- Concrete Finisher
- Engineering Manager
- Compex Electrician
- Export Sales Administrator
- Field Service Engineer / Service Technician - Gas Engines
- Vehicle Mechanic
- Mechanical Technician
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Purchasing Assistant / Buyer Administrator
- Branch Leader (Automotive)