Quantity Surveyor (Cost Manager)
Excellent opportunity to join a leading construction company based in Kent who provide services for industrial, commercial, retail, leisure and residential projects.
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor (Cost Manager) to join the team responsible for Retail roll outs.
You will gain experience working with some of the largest blue chip retailers in the UK today.
It is an exciting time to join the company as they are going through a fantastic period of growth and are looking to take on qualified and experienced professionals to support the development of the business.
The key responsibilities will include:
Co-operate and engage with the Contracts Manager to ensure consistent delivery of successful projects.
Manage the project status report understanding and accurately forecasting project values, costs & margins against the target margin, and agreeing changes and solutions prior to implementation.
Forecast cash on an accurate and timely basis.
Manage all cost control aspects of the projects.
Providing monthly reports to the customer.
Develop & maintain close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors.
Prepare subcontract enquiries including formulating the tender list in consultation with the wider management team and subsequent analysis and assessment of subcontract quotations.
Negotiate sub-contract packages.
Draft and place sub-contracts
Provide advice to Management staff on contractual, valuation and measurement matters.
Prepare and negotiate interim valuations and final accounts including all necessary measurement.
Evaluate Architect's or EA instructions and sub-contractor's variations.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
Degree in Quantity Surveying.
Ideally APC Qualified.
Must have 3-5 years post grad commercial experience.
Ideally experience within Retail roll out projects.
An appreciation of costing and profitability.
Full UK driving Licence.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market trends…
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
- Location: West Malling, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Tel: 01732 879714
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-08-05 16:52:49 -
- View all Jobs from KHR - Recruitment Specialists
More Jobs from KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Saturday Morning Cleaner - 4 hours - 8am to 12pm
- Estimator/Quantity Surveyor (Roofing)
- Temp - Receptionist for a School - 1 Month
- Sales Administrator (French Speaking)
- Production Machine Operator
- Forklift Driver (Market experience)
- Trainee Administrator (Various Companies)
- Admin Reception - Maternity cover
- Business Development Manager - Based in Frankfurt
- Sales Administrator (Electrical Manufacturer)
- Driver - 7.5 Tonne
- Warehouse Operative
- Store Assistant - FMCG
- Allocations Assistant - FMCG
- IT Coordinator
- Junior Sales Broker (Wine)
- Senior Marketing Executive / Marketing Manager
- B2B Sales Executive / Telemarketer
- General Warehouse Assistant