NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse-Ward
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse to join our NHS client's busy Paediatric Inpatient Medical & Surgical team at their acute hospital site, located a short walk from the city centre in Watford, Hertfordshire, which is on the London Underground.
Medic International is an awarded supplier of permanent staff to the NHS under the LPP Framework agreement with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Paediatric Nursing staff. As a nurse-led consultancy, our understanding of the complexity of our Paediatric Nurse roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
This trust will provide subsidised local staff accommodation for two months, and flights/travel expenses paid for nurses relocating to the area.
Nurses who have not yet registered with the NMC are welcome to apply; successful applicants will be invited to commence on the top of Band 3 Healthcare Assistant scale (£20,400) while pending completion of their NMC registration.
Our client is a major NHS Trust in southwest Hertfordshire, providing care to a catchment area of around half a million people.
Their stated aim is ‘to embody all the principles, values and the sense of service that created the NHS’, by providing high quality care with dignity and respect for patients.
It comprises three acute sites; Watford, St Albans, and Hemel Hempstead, all of which offer quick and easy access to central London, Heathrow and Luton Airport, and a short drive to the M25/M1 motorway networks.
The Paediatric Service comprises 20 Inpatient beds, caring for patients up to the age of 16 years, 2 high-dependency beds, a Paediatric Day Surgery Unit, and a level 2 Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU).
Admissions are direct or via a dedicated Paediatric A&E department.
The Service aims to deliver Family Centred Care, creating a caring and safe environment for young people.
Nurses within the Service have the opportunity, if desired to rotate within different areas as may be available and appropriate.
Registered Nurse with (or eligible for- see above) NMC; RN Child, RSCN or RN Adult registration.
RN Child/RSCN Nurses; post-registration experience would be an advantage.
Paediatric-trained graduate-level nurses able to demonstrate commitment, communication skills and a willingness to learn and adapt are very welcome to apply.
RN Adult-registered Nurses; a minimum of 12 months' full-time current experience in a paediatric setting is essential.
A full job description is available upon request.
Salary £22,777-£29,589 plus accommodation, relocation and full NHS Employee Benefits
Band 6 opportunities are also available in certain units; £27,343 - £36,525
For a summary of all Medic International jobs in Hertfordshire, click HERE, or, for all Medic Nursing, Theatre & AHP vacancies, click HERE.
- Start: Permanent, Ongoing, full-time
- Rate: Â£23,004 - 29,885 per year + Relocation, Accomm, NHS Benefit
- Location: Watford, Hertfordshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Contact: Jill Mills or Shayne Parfrey
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: P827/H06
- Posted: 2016-08-06 09:34:54 -
- View all Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
More Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- General Hospital Radiographer
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse - A&E
- Decontamination / Surgical Sterile Services Manager
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Cardiology
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse - Inpatients
- Theatre (Anaesth-Rec) Practitioner
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Dialysis
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse - Outpatients
- Mammography/MRI Radiographer
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Oncology
- NHS Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - Pre-Assessment
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Medical Ward
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Stroke Rehab Unit
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Respiratory
- Senior Theatre (Anaesthetic) Practitioner (P/T 30hrs)
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Theatre Practitioner - Recovery
- Theatre (Scrub) Practitioner (P/T 30hrs)
- Staff Nurse- Long-Term Mental Health
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Interventional Cardiology
- Theatre Scrub/Anaesthetic/Rec Practitioner