Senior Support Worker - Children Home - Derby
Senior Support Worker - Children's EBD - Derby
Salary - £17,000 (plus £25 sleep in rate OTE £20,000)
40 Hours Per Week Contract
Charles Hunter Associates are the official sponsors of the Independent Children's Homes Association and actively work and train within the residential childcare sector in order to find and develop the highest calibre staff and find them exciting and progressive roles within the nation's best care providers.
I am working with a highly regarded small company based in Derby, who require an experienced Senior Support Worker for their 5 bedded children's home for children with EBD and trauma.
This is a growing company with plans to open up more homes in the next 12 months, this is a great opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to come to a company and be trained up to management level, excellent career prospects.
- NVQ Level 3 Children
- 3 years' experience working in a residential childcare setting
- At least 1 years' experience working in a Senior Support Worker
- An understanding of the needs of young people in public care
- Needs to be flexible in working hours
- Ideally a driver with access to a car
- To support the management in ensuring that a therapeutic environment is developed and maintained within the home, by striving for continuous improvement and improved outcomes for each child and young person.
- To plan, manage and run shifts.
- To manage the daily Rota, ensuring that each shift is sufficiently staffed in order to meet the needs of the young people.
- To provide line management supervision for a team of Therapeutic Care Workers.
- To be available whilst on duty and to assist and supervise staff, as well as provide guidance on issues pertaining to the behaviour of the children.
- To observe and ensure that others observe any relevant legislation e.g.
Health & Safety, Food Hygiene, Risk Assessments.
- To have responsibility for administrative systems, care plans and assessments as required for the children within the centre.
- To carry out administrative tasks as necessary for the smooth running of the centre or as directed by management.
- To undertake budget responsibilities as required.
- To be prepared to undertake supervision, training and professional development as offered via management.
Charles Hunter Associates are a specialist recruitment agency within the social care sector supplying all levels of staff from Support Workers to Directors into the care sector across the UK.
If you are interested in the above role, please contact Mark Beaver (Social Care Department Leader) at Charles Hunter Associates on 0118 948 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Charles Hunter Associates
- Senior Practitioner - Fostering IFA - London - Part Time
- Senior Supervising Social Worker - North London - IFA
- LD Review Project - Social Worker - West London
- Supervising Social Worker - South West - Permanent Vacancy
- Locum Social Worker - Assessment and Liaison Team - Lambeth
- Occupational Therapist - Band 5/6 - South East England
- Locum Social Worker/Hospital Discharge Team/Lancashire?£17.56
- Support Workers – No sleep ins required!
- Regional Manager – Adults LD – Blackburn
- Support Workers – Domiciliary – Bognor Regis
- Part Time Support Workers
- Part Time Support Workers
- Senior Social Worker - Rapid Response - SE London
- Senior Adult Social Worker - South East England
- Supervising Social Worker - Whitstable, Kent - Charity
- Foster Care Administration Assistant - Hampshire
- Locum Social Worker- Leaving Care Team -Cheshire West- £24.97
- Locum Social Worker -LAC Team- Shropshire Council- Neg
- Locum Social Worker - Integrated Care Team - Wirral - £21.18
- Supervising Social Worker - Northamptonshire / Bedfordshire