Internal Audit Lead & Process Quality Engineer
Job Title: Internal Audit Lead & Process QE
Reporting to: Head of Quality
Located in Hertfordshire
A reputable aerospace manufacturer who produce hot and cold engine parts for OEMs such as Rolls-Royce and Airbus.
Currently going through a period of growth and bringing on new business from both large and smaller customers.
Purpose of Role:
The Internal Audit Leader & Process Analyst (IAL&PQE) shall refine and implement the Internal Audit System.
Their ability to conduct a variety of Quality Engineering Services within the company to improve processes via measurable activities and the ability to demonstrate improvements will be critical.
As the IAL, they shall coordinate and lead the internal audit system and participate in audits of the organisation to the standards the company is expected to meet by customers and approval bodies.
The PQE will drive process non-conformance reduction through process improvement activities.
Quality engineering is also responsible for supporting Engineering in validating that the customer's quality requirements have been implemented effectively and consistently throughout the organisation - both for processes and systems.
Main purpose of job
IAL Duties (0.5 FTE):
Develop and implement an effective Internal Audit System
- Create/maintain all documentation associated with the Internal Audit System
- Contribute to ensuring the company's quality, cost & delivery targets are met
- Analyse data to support improvement activities.
- Support customer / 3rd party audits, e.g.
AS9100, Nadcap, etc.
- Auditing both internal & external suppliers.
PQE Duties (0.5 FTE):
- Instruct, train, & support staff with Quality subjects and matters.
- Support continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure that procedures meet and are followed in accordance with the relevant standards & specifications.
- Raising and processing NCR's maintaining ownership through to closure
- Participate in the Problem resolution procedures.
- Generating reports around business KPI's relating to performance of the Business management system.
- To ensure that “Best Practice” techniques are evaluated & used where appropriate.
- Review of specification changes and solving quality issues using established techniques such as 8D, 5 why +2 How, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Answering technical and systems enquiries.
- Documentation changes as applicable to the Quality system and function.
- Help resolve day to day quality problems.
- Perform all reasonable requests made by management.
- Liaise / supporting customers and suppliers on quality matters to resolution.
- Educated to HNC/HND or Degree Level Engineer required
- Aerospace Experience Required - minimum 5-7years
- Accredited Auditor Qualifications Desired (IRQA, I2LA, SAE, BSI, Nadcap, etc.)
- Experience with complex fabrication manufacturing processes preferred
- Experience with aerospace customer specifications required
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and to work well under pressure required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a positive approach to all areas of work required.
- Problem-solving experience in aerospace special processes required
- Special processes experience (e.g.
heat treatment, chemical processing) preferred
Please note: This job description is not intended to establish a total definition of a job but outline duties.
This job description will be amended at the discretion of management.
For more information please contact Nick Ford on 01484645269 or by email on
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Technical Manager
- Engineering Machine Operator / Minder
- Fibreglass Laminator
- Installation and Service Engineering Manager
- TIG Welder Stainless and Pipe
- FLT Driver - Counterbalance & Reach
- Vehicle & LGV Technican
- Sheet Metal Worker/fabricator
- Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Fitter - Shifts
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Panel Wirer
- Maintenance Electrician - Nights
- Engineering Surveyor - Mechanical
- Plater / Welder
- Engineering Surveyor - Pressure
- Architectural Working Site Supervisor / Fixer
- Electrical maintenance engineer
- Electrical maintenance engineer