Do you have previous Management Accounts Experience?
Do you have experience within a hands on role?
If this sounds like you please read on!
Duties to include:
Preparation of monthly management accounts with the responsibility for a number of specific companies, responsibilities to include:
• Oversight of control account and bank reconciliations, providing assistance to processing staff to enable timely and accurate resolution of
• Oversight of allocation and labour costing period end journals, providing guidance to processing staff.
• Ensuring accuracy of underlying records to provide reliance of management accounts produced to Financial Controller.
• Monitoring and reporting of direct costs and overheads ensuring that all variances to budget are appropriately highlighted and reported in a
• Preparation and reporting of periodic and cumulative forecasts to reflect the current operation.
• Reconciliation of balance sheets and resolution of any differences.
• Accurate maintenance of fixed asset registers to include the supervision of the monthly depreciation charge calculation and journals and
ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all additions, disposals and transfers.
• For specific companies, preparation of Board and Executive meeting presentations to include attendance and presenting of information to
management at different sites within the business.
• Direct liaison with a large number of managers, presenting financial information, assisting with their understanding of information presented
and resolution of any queries raised to ensure management accounts accurately reflect business activity.
• Responsibility for processing VAT returns, including monthly VAT processing and submission of payments to HMRC.
• Assisting the Financial Controller with the preparation of Group packs on a periodic basis.
• Responsibility for compiling annual budgets for specific companies from beginning to end, including direct liaison with managers and other
colleagues within the Group.
• For specific companies, leading the co-ordination and completion of year end reconciliations and reports, ensuring that colleagues receive
with tasks where necessary and that deadlines for completion of tasks are met.
• Acting as first point of contact for corporation tax and audit queries, collating necessary information to enable prompt responses to be provided.
• Leading audit file preparation and collation ensuring that a team approach leads to the completion of the task within set deadlines.
• Potential for line management of a small team with the responsibility for conducting annual performance reviews, day to day management and,
ensuring development and training needs are met.
• Performance of such additional / alternative activities and ad hoc duties as reasonably requested by management.
• Previous management accountant experience
• CIMA or ACCA qualified or Qualified by experience
• Management skills
• Flexible and ability to multi- task
Hours: Full Time
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000, depending on experience
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting
as an employment Agency for this Permanent Vacancy.
- Rate: Â£27k - 30k per year + depending on experience
- Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: Aspire Cambridge Ltd
- Contact: Laura Leonard
- Tel: 01223 855440
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: Req/004512
- Posted: 2016-08-09 15:31:01 -
- View all Jobs from Aspire Cambridge Ltd
More Jobs from Aspire Cambridge Ltd
- Recruitment and HR Coordinator
- HGV Class 1 Driver
- Finance Assistant
- HGV / LCV Technician (Mechanic)
- Administrator (Chinese Speaking)
- Production Supervisor
- CNC Miller (NIGHTS)
- *URGENT REQUIREMENT* Retail Assistant X 2 - Food Stand - Grand Arcade
- Head Housekeeper
- CNC Miller
- Junior Sous Chef
- Senior Sous Chef
- Kitchen Porter
- Events Manager
- Chef de Partie
- Pastry Chef