Title: Support Worker
Department: Floating Support & Outreach Service
Location: Enfield Learning Disabilities Service - (EN3 5JH)
Salary: £16,568.00 per annum - Full time (38 hours per week )
Job Ref: SW1093
We are looking to recruit a full time, fixed hours Support Worker for the organisation's Floating Support & Outreach Services based in Enfield.
The organisation provide Floating Support and Outreach services to up to 50 adult customers, many of which live independently in the community.
The people we support have mild or moderate learning disabilities, with some being diagnosed with autism or high functioning autism (formerly known as Asperger's Syndrome).
The key goals of the service is to promote community engagement, choice, develop essential life skills and greater independence in a planned, safe and person centred way for our customers.
Customers of the service receive support to achieve their own positive outcomes, goals and ambitions, such as:
Achieving economic well-being and support with benefits; support with budgeting and maintaining tenancies.
Accessing the community independently, and developing daily living skills.
Finding a job and other meaningful activities.
Maintaining good social networks and preventing isolation..
Living in their homes as independently and safely as possible.
Exploring their cultural identity and needs.
Managing health needs; attending appointments and liaising with health professionals.
Support to set up and maintain links with other support services (Child care services; Enablement services; employment services).
A positive, honest and open nature and a willingness to learn something new is more important than your experience.
This job will be fast-paced and will provide you with the experience you need for a career in social work, psychology or the community care sector, and you'll work among energetic people with lots of enthusiasm and commitment to making a difference to people's lives.
The successful candidates would be expected to do the following tasks as part of their role:
- Provide support to individuals in line with agreed support plans
- Coordinating packages of care and support for individuals (Key working); working with a caseload (Floating Support); supporting individuals with reviews of support and any needs for long term care or support.
- Good time management skills, showing good judgement and commitment, in a lone-working role
- Demonstrate good IT and communication skills, and be able to record information clearly and professionally
- Good verbal communication skills; be able to liaise professionally with a range of external stakeholders, care managers, health professionals, other services and providers of support, and family members of service users.
- Delivering a service that promotes and supports choice, empowers individuals, helps people to take control of their own support and care, and increases their independence and self determination.
- Putting the customer at the heart of your work, promoting each individual's needs for independence, well being and dignity
- Flexible approach to working shift patterns, which may include some evening and weekend hours, and bank holidays.
Everything we do at the organisation is about promoting the choice and independence of adults at risk to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community and develop as individuals.
We provide innovative and responsive housing, care and support services that promote choice and independence for people with a variety of needs including people with learning disabilities, autism, older people, young people and people with mental health support needs across North and East London.
We are a forward thinking organisation, committed to providing the best support possible to adults at risk therefore you will be provided with comprehensive training and will be supported every step of the way to develop your career with us.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview which is likely to be 2nd September 2016.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates.
This will be fully subsidised by us.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Rate: £16568.00 per annum
- Location: Enfield, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Tel: 02392 387722
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-08-09 15:58:48 -
- View all Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
More Jobs from 2M Employment Solutions Limited
- Accounts Assistant
- Customer Support Executive
- Employment Law Consultant
- Health and Safety Consultant
- Team Manager
- Support Worker
- Support Workers
- Children and Young Persons Domestic Abuse Advocate
- Care & Support Coordinator
- Key Account Manager
- Claims Assistant (Customer Service)
- IT Cognos Developer
- Media Executive
- Direct Access Hostel Worker
- Support Workers (Weekends)
- Night Support Worker
- Senior Business Development Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Policy and Strategy Co-ordinator
- Senior Policy Officer