Learning Support Worker - Durham
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker or Newly Qualified Social Worker to undertake a Learning Support Assistant role within Sensory Support Service in Durham.
We would like people with SEN experience, Early Years or Primary and secondary experience.
The team provide a service for children with SEND who are undergoing an Education Health and Care (EHC) Assessment, have an EHC Plan or a Statement of Special Educational Needs or require support from services through The Local Offer
The role is for 4 months with the possibility of extension of contract for a further term dependent on performance and caseload.
Rates of pay between £8 - £9 per hour.
The responsibilities include the following:
- Ensuring that both children and young people's views and their parent/carers are central to any decision making
- Acting as a main point of contact for parent/carers of children and young people
- Working with children and young people, parents and carers and other professionals on the agreed content of an EHC Plan.
- Supporting children and young people, parents and carers during the transfer from Statements to EHC Plans.
- Arranging a school place for children and young people with an EHC Plan or an Enhanced Mainstream Provision for children and young people with a SEN Support Plan.
- Arranging additional support for nursery aged children with SEND.
Working with Service Care Solutions comes with many benefits, including:
, A specialist consultant within an experience and dedicated Social Work recruitment team
, Excellent rates of pay
, An extensive range of Social Work vacancies available throughout the UK
, Payroll service twice a week
, Loyalty Bonus scheme including Free TV's, Mobile Phones and more.
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Theo at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 4 Months
- Rate: £8 - £9 per hour + Depending on experiance
- Location: Durham, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208964
- Fax: 0870 762 6020
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-08-09 17:30:14 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Qualified Social Worker, Senior Practitioner, Cumbria, Children
- Food & Beverage Assistant - Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross
- Qualified Social Workers – Child Protection Team Cumbria
- Newly Qualified Social Worker | Adult Services
- Support Worker / Care Assistant
- Princes Trust Team Leader | Tyne & Wear
- Social Work Assistant | Durham
- Childrens Social Worker Gloucestershire
- Childrens Social Worker – Care Management Team – Dudley
- Support Worker / Care Assistant
- Senior Practitioner – Mental Health Team - Birmingham
- Qualified Social Worker – MASH Team – Sandwell, West Midlands
- Social Care Lead Officer – Adults - Sandwell, West Midlands
- Team Manager Children Asylum Team Ashford Kent
- Prison Nurse
- Fostering and Adoption Social Worker – Stoke on Trent
- Transitions Social Worker Worcestershire
- Fostering Social Worker Neath Port Talbot
- Qualified Social Work – Permanence and Through Care Service
- Childrens Social Worker Cardiff