Field Service Engineer
Position: Mobile Service Engineer (Commercial Vehicle/HGV)
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: £26'000 to £32'000 per annum basic salary + Van and Pension
Hours of work: Monday to Friday days.
We are seeking an accomplished vehicle technician to join a worldwide leader in the Commercial vehicle, automotive and transport engineering related industries.
The role will be based around the Leeds and Yorkshire area providing on site and local field service operations undertaking the planned and reactive maintenance of HGV vehicle discharge equipment.
The role will focus upon taking responsibility for the service and maintenance of our client's engineered product range and ancillary equipment related to the commercial vehicle / HGV industry.
Whilst primarily focused around equipment service, repair and maintenance the role will also encompass providing excellent customer service and product support to end users.
- Carry out pre-delivery inspection (PDI) to equipment and vehicles at client premises and at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacturer's specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use.
Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of equipment.
Notify appropriate mentor/ supervisor / manager of any defective or unsafe equipment.
- Repair equipment and vehicles at depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufacturer's specification and company policy
- To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard.
- Handover equipment to customers and familiarise customers with safe operation in accordance with company procedures.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all times.
Relay appropriate customer queries to staff as required
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer's reports, inspections, calibrations checks and service sheets.
- Mechanical maintenance, testing and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, pumps, compressors, motors and ancillary equipment
- The ideal candidate will hold a relevant qualification (Apprentice trained or equivalent mechanical or electrical engineer / technician) and have experience gained within the commercial vehicle / HGV Industry
- You will have experience or knowledge of some of the following areas: drive line technologies, Power take off's, PTO's, hydraulics, auto electrics, pneumatics, motors, diagnostic fault finding.
- You will have a mature outlook and have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the importance of excellent customer service are a pre-requisite
- Full UK driver's License.
Any experience of servicing the below would be an advantage:
- Vacuum or compressors
- Vehicle Technician
- Commercial Vehicle
- Plant Machinery
- Mechanical Fitter
- Fork Lifts
- Auto Electrician / Auto Electrical
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join a growing and internationally recognised market lead who will offer unrivalled training and specialist product knowledge within their industry.
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- FLT Driver / Yard Operative
- Fork Lift Truck Driver
- Fork Lift Truck Driver/Warehouse Operative
- Production Paint Sprayer
- Assistant Production Manager
- Maintenance Electrician
- Production Operative
- Business Development Manager
- CNC Milling Machinist
- Maintenance Fitter - Early Shift
- Electronic Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer (Vehicle body work)
- Electronic Engineer
- Engineering Surveyor - Mechanical
- Technical Manager
- Engineering Machine Operator / Minder
- Fibreglass Laminator
- Installation and Service Engineering Manager
- TIG Welder Stainless and Pipe
- FLT Driver - Counterbalance & Reach