International Business Development Manager (Europe, Middle East and South East Asia)
Position: International Business Development Manager (Europe, Middle East and South East Asia)
Salary: competitive and negotiable, plus commission and benefits
Home Based (or local office) with UK & European Travel
Our client is one of the UK's leading mail order suppliers of sports and leisure equipment and sports team wear.
With over 25 years' experience we have established contracts with over 60 Local Authorities to supply sports equipment to their schools, colleges and other establishments.
We have achieved ?Preferred Supplier? status with many leading fitness and leisure companies.
Main Purpose of the Job
International sales growth is a high priority for the company and a key strategic initiative over the next three years.
With a growing presence already in these export markets we are looking to recruit an International Business Development Manager (IBDM) for Europe, Middle East and South East Asia.
The purpose of this role is to establish and then develop year-on-year sales growth for our sports equipment supply across these international markets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Prospect for new business and business partnerships across Europe, Middle East and South East Asia.
Identify, develop & manage distributor/reseller relationships to influence & drive sales growth
Develop, agree, cost & implement a bespoke business plan for each designated market - to include product, price, distribution & promotion - & agree realistic & achievable sales targets for each of these markets.
Develop, manage & strengthen all facets of distributor/reseller & customer interaction, including face-to-face visits with each distributor/reseller to develop relationships & manage major accounts & prospects effectively.
Support the distributors/resellers with marketing events, field-based visits, & contract negotiation to secure key sales opportunities.
Provide exhibition support to increase sales in the target markets.
Undertake quarterly business reviews for each market with a YTD Actual v Budget review & recommended remedial actions where required.
Meet all reporting requirements & actively communicate with all internal stakeholders, including collating & reporting market intelligence.
Cooperate with the company on health & safety matters & comply with the company health & safety policy & procedures.
Cooperate with the company on quality matters & comply with the company quality policy & procedures to promote a culture of customer service excellence within the company.
Special Working Conditions
* The post will require extensive international travel, initially throughout Europe, Middle East and South East Asia with the expectation of spending up to 18-20 weeks a year out of the country.
* All applicants must have a UK Passport, and able to travel without restriction throughout Europe, Middle East and South East Asia
Education & Work Experience
* A track record of successful selling into international (Europe and the Middle East) markets is essential with a history of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
* Over 3 years direct sales experience
* Experience in teaching goods sales environment would be extremely advantageous.
* Experience of working in sales roles undertaking both direct sales as well as undertaking joint selling with distributor channels to develop VARs is essential.
* Knowledge and experience of working with clients in the education sector is desirable.
* Extensive business development and sales experience, specifically in terms of delivering polished presentations and selling solutions at all levels: for example to schools, colleges, universities, as well as to other stakeholders such as government agencies and purchasing consortiums.
* Experience of preparation and management of cost centre budgets.
* Skilled in sales forecasting, account planning, negotiation and closing the sale.
* Degree or equivalent qualification/experience.
* Fluency in both oral and written English (for effective communication with clients and in the preparation and delivery of presentations and reports).
* Additional relevant language skills would be an advantage but not necessarily essential.
* A flexible approach and outlook with the requirement to work outside of normal business hours.
* Focused, resilient and driven to exceed expectations and targets.
* A professional and calm approach particularly when in challenging or tense situations with a non-confrontational approach to problem solving.
* Highly developed cultural awareness and sensitivity.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Able to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
* Ability to work alone and as a team player, when required, and foster successful internal working relationships whilst working remotely.
* Strong networking capability.
* A willingness and ability to undertake extensive international travel.
* Good commercial acumen.
All CVs to be sent to HR-WFEL@hrsolutions-uk.com detailing the position that you are applying for.
- Rate: 40000-50000 Per Annum negotiable, plus commission, plus bene
- Location: Walsall
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Sales
- Recruiter: HR Solutions (Consultancy) Limited
- Contact: Greg Guilford
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: HRS-67-16
- Posted: 2016-08-09 21:38:07 -
- View all Jobs from HR Solutions (Consultancy) Limited
More Jobs from HR Solutions (Consultancy) Limited
- Board Secretary
- Sales Executive
- Order Fulfilment and Customer Services Assistant
- Business Development Executive
- Sales Executive
- Customer Service Administrator
- HSEQ Manager
- German Speaking Customer Service Executive
- Client Services Specialist (Account Manager)
- HR Administrator
- HR Consultant(s)
- Customer Services Administrator
- Temporary Customer Service Assistant
- Recruitment Consultant
- Global Education Executive Assistant
- Business Development Manager
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Quantity Surveyor
- Finance Analyst
- Financial Controller