I currently have an exciting role for a locum Property Solicitor within a local authority in Birmingham.
The council are looking for an individual with a good understanding of property law; with proven experience in section 106 planning agreements, section 278 and section 38 highways agreements and general planning.
Previous experience within a property role with similar responsibilities would be essential.
The key responsibilities of the role would include:
, Representing the council in meetings as required by the nature of property law
, Providing enforcement advice including policy issues, tree preservation, conservation areas and listed buildings
, Managing own property law caseload
, Preparing reports as required by the head of property law
The ideal candidate will:
, Be a Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive
, Have at least 2 years' experience within a similar level property law role
, Have some experience in planning
, Be able to perform well under pressure and maintain a standard of work according to targets
The opportunity presented by the council is a genuine stepping-stone in the career of a property solicitor.
The council have stated that previous experience in a local authority is not essential, and are willing to consider candidates from private practices or in house legal departments.
Should you wish to discuss this role before applying please contact Laurence Cooper.
Telephone: 01772 208969
For our latest jobs and register for job alerts please visit www.servicecare.org.uk/legal
Service Care Legal is a specialist recruitment agency supplying temporary and permanent professionals to Private Practices, Local Authorities and In-house Legal Departments.
We have in-depth experience of recruiting at all levels within the legal industry and consultants who specialise in specific markets to ensure you have a dedicated point of contact who's real expert in your area.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus if you know of anyone who may be interested in this role.
Please contact Joel on 01772 208969 with any referrals.
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Band 5 Radiographer - Lewisham, London
- Band 6 Community Rehab Physiotherapist - Lisson Grove, London
- Team Manager Localities Team
- Qualified Social Worker – Community Mental Health Team - Shrews
- Assistant Team Manager Child Protection Team
- Band 5 Occupational Therapist - Finchley, London
- Best Interest Assessor, Lewisham Council
- Band 6 RGN - Runcorn
- Childrens Team Manager | Fostering | South Tyneside
- Childrens Service Manager | Fostering | South Tyneside
- Children's Social Worker Isle of Wight
- Adult Learning Disability Social Worker West Sussex, Horsham
- Social Worker – Assessment Team - Dudley
- Substance Misuse Nurse
- Social Worker | Looked After Children Team | Cumbria
- Qualified Social Worker, Senior Practitioner, Cumbria, Children
- Food & Beverage Assistant - Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross
- Qualified Social Workers – Child Protection Team Cumbria
- Newly Qualified Social Worker | Adult Services