Quality Manager CNC Manufacturing
Aerospace Manufacturing company based in Llantrisant, South Wales requires Quality Manager.
The company has 3 other sites in the UK (employing c400 staff) and 2 in Poland manufacturing components for commercial, light aircraft and business jets.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to become a key member of the management team of this impressive company, which has recently received large investment to enable future development. Quality is paramount throughout their whole process.
This role, based at the flatbed CNC machining factory in Llantrisant, South Wales (emlpoying c100 staff) will form an integral part of operational support.
Its key functions is to lead and manage the Quality Department encompassing all inspection staff, Quality Engineer and Quality Administration, promoting continuous improvement in relation to reduction in cost of poor quality and ensuring standards are maintained with regards to operating within accepted quality boundaries delivering first class components to the customer.
Skills and Experience Required for Quality Manager
- Proven track record of managing quality systems, preferably in the Aerospace industry
- Fully conversant with current QA requirements
- Able to manage and motivate the team
- Be self-motivated and confident when taking responsibility for all areas of work
The Quality Manager will effectively and efficiently manage the quality team to support the business in terms of quality control and right first time methodology.
Reducing scrap by thorough root cause analysis and implementing processes that are repeatable and produce the desired result.
Implement a suite of KPIs to ensure the function is achieving the desired result in line with quality, quantity and cost.
Ensure the correct use of the QMS system and other applicable business systems for Quality department and manage business relationships with customers and suppliers, whilst delivering best practice solutions by driving change and focusing on core deliverables.
Create, lead and manage a team that is trained and competent in the business systems to deliver the results both in the short term and medium term.
The Quality Manager will besponsible for all aspects of people management relating to your area of control.
Involve HR / GM as necessary, including but not limited to recruitment, performance management, disciplinary, absence management, communication and engagement.
Manage the Inspection process to ensure good quality components are delivered on time to the customer and create a culture that encourages and promotes continuous improvement across all aspects of the working environment, analysing and monitoring performance data to identify sustainable gains.
Effectively support NPI activities with the relevant level of FAI inspection as is needed
Applications are invited from candidates who must meet the above criteria in terms of qualifications and experience.
More Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
- Quality Inspector
- CNC Machinist
- Continuous Improvement Shift Manager - Aerospace
- Land Surveyor Instructor
- Group Engineering Manager - Bulk Handling
- Accident Repair Estimator
- Maintenance Engineer CNC Machines
- Bricklayer Concreting Instructor
- Mechanical Fitter Maintenance Engineer
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Engineering Coordinator
- Machine Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Bricklayer & Concreting Instructor
- Vehicle Accident Repair Estimator
- Concreting Bricklayer Instructor
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Production Operative
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician