Designer/Estimator Required - Long Crendon
Crendon Timber Engineering is a leading designer and manufacturer of engineered timber products. Operating from eight sites around the UK, its Timber Engineering business designs and manufactures Roof Trusses and Engineered Floors.
Due to continued business success and growth, Crendon Timber Engineering are now looking to recruit experienced Designers / Estimators to join our team in Long Crendon.
What will I be responsible for?
The role offers a great opportunity for someone with design or estimating experience to ensure detailed and accurate quotations and designs are produced for CTE products and meet customer requirements.
As a Designer / Estimator your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting customer requirements and estimator quotations to provide appropriate, efficient, economical and professional designs within the timeframes provided by the customer and ensuring our contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Working within MBA (Novo) to monitor & chase design progress for internal and external designers.
- Liaising with customers and provide a knowledgeable service both in the office and on site visits.
- Attending customer/site meetings as required; ensuring the company dress code is adhered to (including PPE requirements).
- Helping ensure regional adoption of Lean Design principles as required.
- Liaising with relevant internal staff/production teams etc.
to ensure that designs take into consideration costs, targets and manufacturing capacity & capability.
- Generating enquiries from new and existing customers, follow up quotations and obtain profitable orders on behalf of the company.
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Designer / Estimator, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role, using Mitek or other engineered software.
- Results orientated and able to get it right first time.
- Customer focussed with excellent customer service skills.
- Well-organised and able to work unsupervised and prioritise tasks.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Detail conscious and able to ensure work is completely accurately and within time constraints.
- Excellent PC skills including experience of MS Office.
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment.
Rewards & Benefits
Crendon Timber Engineering is a fast-growing business who takes people development responsibilities seriously. As part of this investment in people, we will provide the training and the tools needed for the role.
In return for your hard work as a Designer / Estimator, you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
- Salary dependant on experience
- 30 days holiday per year, including Bank Holidays rising to 33 after 1 years full service.
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
Hours of Work
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.00am to 5.00pm).
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Designer / Estimator, we want to hear from you.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Head of Sales – Automotive
- Mortgage Broker - £80,000 - £100,000 OTE
- Sales Consultant - Life Insurance - £80K OTE
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer
- Test Automation Engineer
- UX Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Warehouse Shift Leader
- Multi Drop Driver
- Finance Manager - Automotive
- Apprentice - Administration / Customer Service
- General Sales Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Technical Author
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Electrician (Farm Maintenance)