Operations Manager/Surgical (Seattle)
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of Surgical Services and District MES, CES, and 360 Support, which includes managing the customer and technical service personnel to achieve short and mid-term financial and operating objectives.
The Operations Manager is responsible for establishing the strategic direction of their team, ensuring that the delivery of equipment and services exceeds customer expectations, and for managing performance to achieve revenue growth and budget expectations.
- Provides leadership, planning and direction to ensure business objectives and financial goals are achieved.
- Holds self and team accountable for timely completion of assignments and achieving expected results.
- Demonstrates leadership to inspire others by modeling a positive commitment to the business, peers, other departments, direct reports, and clients.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves customer and staff concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Approval of weekly time cards, management of time off requests, and on call schedules.
- Ensure that all QI's/KPI's are in alignment with corporate standards and communicates technician stack rank performance reports to the team.
- Proactively supports customer on-site service.
- Liaison between hospitals, physicians, and UHS to maximize procedures and block booking.
- Maintain proper protocol for scheduling and confirming all procedures, services, pick-ups, and deliveries.
- Develop initiatives to continually drive down lost cases.
- Assist all sales personal with direct marketing, questionnaires, lead generating, courses, sales appointments and contracts.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of medical equipment.
- Manager is required to maintain a professional relationship with key local manufacturer and vendor representatives.
- Manages equipment inventory and par levels consistent with contract terms, pricing and policies and to stabilize/reduce stock outs.
- Uses all available resources to ensure teams operate efficiently, and handle geographic routing and prioritization to service customers effectively.
- Gain knowledge to be proficient in all UHS' systems.
- Ensures all required personnel are current in their DOT certification.
- Ensure the timely completion of the Operations Compliance Guide Audits.
- Recruits, trains and develops employees.
Provides cross- and lateral training, emphasizing continuous improvement and teamwork, and providing on-going feedback with focused action steps for areas of improvement.
- Understands UHS billing for account invoices and assists with account receivables collections.
- Maintain computers, data base and update facility and physician preference in the Scheduling System.
- Ensure timeliness of district wide performance appraisals.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain communication with other departments within organization.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Willingness to strive for constant improvement of department efficiencies as well as utilization of financial systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Time management and organizational skills.
Educational Credentials and Experience Required
- 3 years management experience.
- Preferred healthcare, hospital industry, medical equipment, sales and services.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Business and financial management expertise to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
- Profit and Loss (P&L) statement and budget management experience.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Travel up to 10 - 30%
- Valid driver's license.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently and regularly throughout the day, required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger; handle; or feel objects; tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk and hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift up to 75 pounds and/or push/pull equipment requiring 75 pounds of force.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Technical Services Support Administrator - Temporary
- Hospital Service Technician F/T Jefferson City, MO M-F 11:30-8p
- Hospital Service Technician - PT Sat/Sun/Mon (NE)
- Hospital Service Technician -The Woodlands (PM's/Weekends)
- Hospital Service Technician - PT nights/Tulsa
- Strategic Account Executive - San Antonio OR McAllen Texas
- Surgical Laser Technician (Sacramento, CA)
- Hospital Service Technician - FT 2nd shift (Mem. City)
- Payroll Manager
- Medical Equipment Delivery Driver/Oklahoma City (2nd shift)
- Medical Account Executive - Cleveland, OH
- Medical Equipment Processor/Cleaner - PT Tulsa
- Hospital Service Technician - FT
- Hospital Service Technician P/T Sat/Sun & Mon St Louis, MO
- Customer Service Technician - FT San Francisco
- Hospital Operations Manager - Alameda/Highland
- Specialty Sales Executive - San Jose OR San Francisco
- Patient Handling Technician
- Biomedical Technician - Burbank
- Laser Technician - Nashville, TN