Lead .Net Developer
Lead .Net Application Developer - Staffordshire - c£40K plus benefits
We are now looking for an Lead Application developer .
The ideal candidate will be a 'seasoned' developer (i.e.
not a graduate nor someone who has less than a MINIMUM 3 years’ experience of developing in an 'OO' structured process) but they are not necessarily looking for someone who has to man-manage a team.
The candidate will not be expected to be in charge of the other developers (there are two other application developers along with a couple of web developers) however the candidate will be expected to educate the other developers in areas of the software they are not familiar in and/or new technology.
The candidate will also be expected to mentor any new developers to help evolve that persons skills.
The day to day management of the developers, what they are working on, projects they are involved with, and any personnel issues will be managed by the senior management team, not by the lead developer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the team and be involved with all aspects of the business, from brand new projects, working on the current application suite, to working on future plans and decisions on new features etc.
Their main software solution, is fundamentally a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for a niche sector.
Their clients then add Modules specifically to meet their business requirements such as Membership Management, Event Management, Product/Publication Sales, etc.
In addition, they may request to have modifications and enhancements made to meet their explicit requirements.
As well as the contact information held within the core CRM element of their solution, all of the add- on modules have basic Sales Ledger features (i.e.
invoicing, payments, refunds, rejections and credits).
Therefore, any skills sets you have whereby you are able to interrogate, analyse and report upon demographic & related financial data will be an advantage.
Their flagship software solution application server is built to OOP principals using, VB.Net, ASP.Net with backend database development using SQL Server.
Integrated modules built using similar technologies as well as web technologies such as MVC, C#, Angular, HTML/CSS and Ajax.
Many of their implementations are delivered to tight demanding deadlines so good time management skills are essential.
They always look for a person who is willing to “to go the extra mile” to help the company achieve its milestones.
It is imperative your work is high quality so that the iterative process of beta and UAT testing by colleagues and customers is minimal.
This role will suit someone who is looking to make a genuine difference.
They have an enviable reputation in their market sector of providing solutions to time and to budget.
Added to this they have a satisfied client base that enjoys what they believe to be the best level support in comparison to their competitors.
They achieve this by continually striving to build a great team and work ethic.
The key responsibility of the role is developing, implementing, supporting, and maintaining their software solutions.
The role will also involve being actively engaged with on-going projects and maintenance for all customers systems including the key accounts.
As an experienced .Net Developer it is expected you will able to provide direction and support to the other Developers.
Also, there would be an expectation that as a seasoned .Net Developer you will want to be advising the management team of improvements to processes, approach, methodologies, etc.
to get the best of out of what they have and direction of where they should be heading.
- You must have a highly motivated and operate a proactive can-do, will-do approach to all work activities.
- To listen, interpret and communicate client and colleague requests clearly.
- You will be working shoulder to shoulder with a close knit team of highly skilled IT professionals with many years’ experience.
- The environment provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable and diverse range of skills on many varied projects.
- It will be a very rewarding position, directly experiencing what the effect of your positive contribution has on both the customers and the business.
- As a long standing Microsoft Certified Partner they actively encourage, support and provide financial incentives to all their technically able staff to gain and maintain Certified Professional status.
- Understand how they and their customers use the Application suite and then using this understanding develop new features and/or enhancing & maintain current features.
- Developing new features and\or enhancing & maintaining current features on the main application suite.
- Assist with implementations, upgrades and resolving the more challenging support issues which require experienced developer review.
- Provide direction and support to the other Developers
- Provide assistance for all necessary documentation to use, support and maintain software & associated services developed and/or supported (including QA/User guides).
- On occasion assist with Helpdesk related issues responding to Customer tickets that have been deemed requiring your level of expertise/understanding and have been scheduled for you.
Key requirements are:
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience
- Demonstrable experience working in a development team with OO structured processes
- ASP.NetWeb Forms
- ORM Modelling
- Oracle, MySQL
- Any commercial use of source control systems
- C# considered as long as you are happy to work mainly in Visual Basic
- WCF, WebApi
Desirable Technical skills/experience are:
- Entity FrameworkMicrosoft SQL Sever Team Foundation Server
- Windows Forms
- Object Oriented Programming Techniques.NET Remoting
- ASP.Net Web Services
- Outstanding organisational skills
- You will have a high standard of written and verbal
- English to communicate with all levels of staff, management & customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to juggle priorities
- Good recollection skills
- Numeracy skills & basic financial system understanding of how transactions work (invoices, credit notes etc.)
More Jobs from ACR Solutions Ltd
- Senior Manager (Corporate Accounts)
- Audit Manager
- PR Director (Programs)
- Regional Marketing Manager (German Speaking)
- Financial Controller (Practice)
- Tax Senior
- Networking Security Professional
- Lead 3D Environment Artist
- Corporate Partnerships Executive (3rd Sector)
- Graduate Technical Consultant
- Customer Support Manager
- Software Developer
- Draftsperson (Steel Detailer)
- PR Manager (Food & Drink)
- Email Marketing Specialist
- Global Product Manager (Internet Technology)
- Devops Engineer
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Campaign Planning & Aggregator Manager
- Commercial & Reporting Controller