Are you experienced in underwriting or loan applications? If so we are now recruiting for a Loan Underwriter and are looking for individuals just like you!
Freedom Finance are a highly established and reputable Finance broker based in Manchester.
We work with some of the most prestigious and growing financial institutions globally and as a leading UK broker we have won numerous awards including Best Use of Technology in Secured Lending, Broker Service Excellence and Best Secured Loans Broker of the Year.
Established in 2007, Freedom Finance offer solutions in the personal finance market and strive to offer customers a better way to shop for loans.
We believe that our people are our most important asset and that our people are what makes the business tick.
Due to continued success and business growth, we are now looking for a Loan Underwriter to work in a fast-moving financial services environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy department within a growing organisation, based in Manchester.
Loan Underwriter Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Manager, you will be underwriting unsecured loans to maximise customer solutions, whilst also demonstrating professionalism and exceptional customer service at all times.
You will be evaluating the accuracy and authenticity of each customer’s details and references and creating detailed records on each case via the outsource system.
You will also be responsible for:
- Using the outsource system to underwrite cases ensuring the right customer outcomes
- Understanding & applying lender criteria to customer profiles
- Understanding and interrupting credit search information from multiple credit bureaus
- Evaluating the accuracy and authenticity of each customer’s details and references
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and solicit additional information from applicants
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of fraud prevention and fraud avoidance systems
- Providing feedback to team managers and IT department of errors and highlight areas you think could be improved
- Supporting team managers & other areas of the business as required
- Attending training sessions to maintain competence, and focus on continuously improving yourself
The ideal Loan Underwriter:
In order to be successful for this role, you will need to have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, confidence with the ability to communicate effectively and proven experience within the Financial Services Industry.
You will also need:
- Proven experience in loan underwriting
- 5 GCSEs A-C (or equivalent)
- Good computer skills
- Experience in a pressurised role and working towards targets and deadlines
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbally
- Analytically minded with high attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Strong numerical skills
We also We boast a recently refurbished working environment with on-site facilities including Nintendo Wii’s, Samsung Tablets, Break-out areas, Pool Table and much more.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Loan Underwriter then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Warehouse Shift Leader
- Multi Drop Driver
- Finance Manager - Automotive
- Apprentice - Administration / Customer Service
- General Sales Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Technical Author
- Office Assistant
- Heating and Plumbing Engineer
- Executive Assistant
- Electrician (Farm Maintenance)
- PR & Events Officer
- Digital Marketing Officer
- Hygiene Operative
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
- LV and HGV Technical Trainer / Assessor
- Software Test Engineer – Automotive Diagnostics
- Air Hygiene Team