Head of Engineering
Job Title: Head of Engineering
Industry Sector: Distributed Energy
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £100,000 + benefits
Location: Flexible, with regular travel to the South East
Consultant: Tim Hall
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a leading, multinational energy company who have recently set up a substantial decentralised energy function.
This division is pivotal to the future direction of the business and our client are seeking a Head of Engineering to lead the engineering function and more specifically manage the end to end design and engineering division for this £100m+ distributed energy business for industrial and commercial clients.
The Head of Engineering will build & lead a management team and large team of designers & engineers in delivering industry leading safety and quality.
It is your aim to make our client the market leader in energy efficiency and generation technology.
As Head of Engineering, you will be required to carry out the following responsibilities:
· Manage a solution design team, responsible for delivering overall technical solution design as part of the division's customer offerings
· Develop and lead a management team and extended team that has the capabilities to design and assess electrical, mechanical and civil engineering solutions for technologies including CHP, Solar, LED lighting, Building Energy Management Systems, HVAC, Gas and Diesel Generation, Electric Vehicle Charging and Battery Storage
· Oversee Investment Grade Audits for potential clients
· Develop industry leading processes and design principles and drive team towards design & engineering excellence
· Act as company authorising engineer for HSE purposes
· Ensure all HS&E, technical, regulatory and contractual requirements are met in the most effective way, based on sound commercial evaluation
· Ensure information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records relating to engineering design.
· Ensure robust governance on technical and engineering decisions
· Influence the business strategy from a technical and engineering perspective
· Identify and implement innovative technical and engineering solutions that place our client's brand as a leading player in the UK Distributed Energy marketplace
· Ensure the Engineering team is adequately resourced, including contingency arrangements and contractor out-sourcing as necessary, to run the business and meet our customer commitments across all technologies
· Develop training programmes and career development pathways for Engineering employees including a continuous professional development programme
· Create a dynamic, professional, diverse team with strong values
· Adhere to necessary Competence and Training framework policies and procedures to ensure each team member attains and maintains the required competency level to perform their role.
Health, Safety and the Environment
· Understand the health, safety, environmental, legal and regulatory requirements that are relevant to the work, ensure designs are compliant and ensure the business complies with these.
· Seek continuous improvement in the health, safety and environmental performance of Distributed Energy systems, installation and maintenance.
· Prepare a Safety, Health Improvement Plan (SHIP) and achieve 100% completion by end 2016
Values & team Management
· Develop an inclusive and engaged team environment where people feel supported and their culture and personal circumstances are taken into account.
· Recruit, when required, people into your team with the capabilities and behaviours required to perform the job and to deliver the customer service and health and safety standards of our business.
Encourage diversity throughout the recruitment process
· Adhere to the Competence and Training framework policy and procedures to ensure each team member attains and maintains the required competency level to perform their role
· Develop training programmes and career development pathways for team members
· Apply company values in all day to day activities and maintain a passion for delivering great customer service.
Competencies and Qualifications
· Ability to converse and collaborate with technical, engineering, commercial and installation teams to enable the delivery of industry leading solutions
· Commercial acumen so as to understand the costs and benefit implications of technology and engineering decisions
· Leadership of high performing teams
· Proven ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships across multiple business interfaces
· Customer / client relationship management experience
· Confidence and credibility with highly developed communications to drive behavioural and performance improvement
· Budget management and the development/analysis of management information
· Degree level qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer
· Head of/Director of Engineering in renewable energy or CHP generation business
· Extensive experience in development of energy assets on industrial and commercial properties connecting into private networks
· Good knowledge of heating and lighting systems
· Extensive knowledge of connecting generation assets into private networks
· Health and Safety exemplar, who prioritises the safety of themselves and others, and understands the leadership behaviours required to influence others in this area
· In depth understanding of all legislation, regulations, working practices and other codes of practice relevant to the role
· Deep understanding of the needs of customers and how technology solutions can be designed and adapted to meet them
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44(0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across renewable, environmental and energy sectors.
If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies
- Start: immediately
- Duration: permanent
- Rate: 100000 Per Annum excellent benefits package
- Location: Flexible, with regular travel to the South East
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Consultancy
- Recruiter: The Green Recruitment Company
- Contact: Tim Hall
- Tel: 0203 640 2130
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: DHOE57
- Posted: 2016-08-11 17:17:40 -
- View all Jobs from The Green Recruitment Company
More Jobs from The Green Recruitment Company
- Associate VP Risk Management : Infrastructure
- Financing & Capital Market Manager : Industrials
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Energy Consultant (BMS)
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Graduate Scheme : Energy Consultancy
- Head of M&A : Offshore Wind
- Graduate Energy Sales Consultant
- Director of European Sales
- Head of M&A : Offshore Wind
- Senior Portfolio Commercial Analyst: Offshore Wind
- HV Electrical Engineer
- Portfolio Commercial Manager : Offshore Wind
- Energy Services Manager - ESCo
- Graduate Scheme : Energy Consultant
- Project Developer and M&A : Sub-Saharan Africa
- Gas Distribution Assistant
- Project Manager - Fibre- FTTX
- Sustainability Advisor