Head of Construction
Job Title: Head of Construction
Industry Sector: Distributed Energy
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £100,000 + benefits
Location: Flexible, with regular travel to the South East
Consultant: Tim Hall
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a leading, international energy and services company who have recently established a distributed energy division, which is pivotal to the future direction of the business.
Our client are seeking a Head of Construction who will strategically lead and manage the end to end construction division for £100m+ distributed energy construction and installation business for industrial and commercial clients.
The Head of Construction will recruit and lead a management team and large team of Project Managers in delivering industry leading safety and customer service.
It is your aim to create the culture and processes to protect margin and deliver projects on time for our client.
As Head of Construction, you will be required to carry out the following responsibilities:
* Ensure safe operating culture: Maintain an operating culture and framework such that our workers and customers come to no harm.
* Construction project delivery: Develop and lead a management team that is driven to deliver the high growth strategy of the Distributed Energy across a range of products including CHP, Solar, LED lighting, Building Energy Management Systems, HVAC, Gas and Diesel Generation, Electric Vehicle Charging and Battery Storage
* Establish delivery business: Develop a business that manages civil, mechanical and electrical work in a safe, cost effective and high quality way with the necessary capabilities and governance Customer service: Drive strategies to improve the team's customer service levels measured through Net Promoter Scores
* Implement new operation model: Integrate operational workforce from 4 different businesses into 1 and development of an installations delivery model to include management of all HR, fleet and property aspects
* Interfaces and collaboration: Ensure strong interaction and liaison between Programme Management Office (PMO), Customer Operations and Project Managers, Design & Engineering and Commercial teams in pursuit of efficient and effective service delivery
* Systems: Support the implementation of the new project management and financial operating system within the business.
* Resources: Ensure appropriate resources are in place to provide input into contract specifications for customers and supplier contracts
* Contractor management: Develop close working relationships with Contractor Management team to build service excellence and value in our supply chain.
* Risk management: Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate.
* Team training & development: Develop training programmes and career development pathways for Operations employees.
Adhere to the Competence and Training framework policy and procedures to ensure each team member attains and maintains the required competency level to perform their role.
* Culture & values: Create a dynamic, professional, diverse Operations team with strong values.
* Health, Safety and the Environment - Review safety tools and skills and ensure the business is equipped to operate safely and consistent with Group policy, but specific to the working environments in this division
* Prepare a Safety, Health Improvement Plan (SHIP) and achieve 100% completion by end 2016
* Review whether process safety is appropriate for the division and if so develop a plan.
Values & team management
* Develop an inclusive and engaged team environment where people feel supported and their culture and personal circumstances are taken into account.
* Recruit, when required, people into your team with the capabilities and behaviours required to perform the job and to deliver the customer service and health and safety standards of our business.
Encourage diversity throughout the recruitment process
* Adhere to the Competence and Training framework policy and procedures to ensure each team member attains and maintains the required competency level to perform their role
* Develop training programmes and career development pathways for team members
* Apply company values in all day to day activities and maintain a passion for delivering great customer service.
* Ability to converse and collaborate with technical, engineering, commercial and construction teams to enable the delivery of industry leading solutions
* Commercial acumen so as to understand the costs and benefit implications of technology and engineering decisions
* Leadership of high performing teams
* Proven ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships across multiple business interfaces
* Customer / client relationship management experience
* Confidence and credibility with highly developed communications to drive behavioural and performance improvement
* Budget management and the development/analysis of management information
* Degree level qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer
* Director of Operations in renewable energy or CHP construction business
* Electrical and mechanical construction track record
* Experience in energy, renewable energy and/or CHP
* Construction operations management in a fast paced environment.
* Reputation for excellence leading operational delivery across multiple projects in a market leading business
* Health and Safety exemplar, who prioritises the safety of themselves and others, and understands the leadership behaviours required to influence others in this area
* In depth understanding of all legislation, regulations, working practices and other codes of practice relevant to the role
* Deep understanding of the needs of customers and how technology solutions can be designed and adapted to meet them
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44(0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across renewable, environmental and energy sectors.
If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies
- Start: immediately
- Duration: permanent
- Rate: 100000 Per Annum excellent benefits package
- Location: Flexible, with regular travel to the South East
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Consultancy
- Recruiter: The Green Recruitment Company
- Contact: Tim Hall
- Tel: 0203 640 2130
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SAHOC35
- Posted: 2016-08-11 17:23:47 -
- View all Jobs from The Green Recruitment Company
More Jobs from The Green Recruitment Company
- Financing & Capital Market Manager : Industrials
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Energy Consultant (BMS)
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Graduate Scheme : Energy Consultancy
- Head of M&A : Offshore Wind
- Graduate Energy Sales Consultant
- Director of European Sales
- Head of M&A : Offshore Wind
- Senior Portfolio Commercial Analyst: Offshore Wind
- HV Electrical Engineer
- Portfolio Commercial Manager : Offshore Wind
- Energy Services Manager - ESCo
- Graduate Scheme : Energy Consultant
- Project Developer and M&A : Sub-Saharan Africa
- Gas Distribution Assistant
- Project Manager - Fibre- FTTX
- Sustainability Advisor
- Senior Commercial Manager