Hospital Operation Coordinator- Houston TMC
The Hospital Quality Coordinator performs timely and cost-effective inspections, preventive and corrective maintenance and minor repairs on UHS and customer-owned medical equipment located within a hospital, completing all associated documentation to ensure accurate and thorough equipment records are kept.
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- Associate's degree in an Applied Science (electronics or biomedical equipment technology preferred) or equivalent military training preferred.
- Healthcare industry, medical equipment or customer excellence experience preferred.
- Demonstrated competency verification on various equipment preventive maintenance and repair practices.
- Knowledge of the set-up and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, etc).
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel).
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Behavioral Skills (How the jobholder must conduct themselves with other people)
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Assists in the maintenance of customer relationships, and serves as a subject matter expert in equipment areas for UHS' hospital-based Asset360 program.
- Effectively builds credibility and trust with customer administration, clinicians and staff.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, coachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the jobholder must be able to demonstrate.)
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves services concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Provides equipment inspections, maintenance and calibration on managed equipment.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of medical equipment; knows UHS equipment by name, appearance and accessory list.
- Manages missing and lost equipment, software upgrades and accessories.
- Conducts training for UHS staff on testing and inspecting medical equipment.
- Discusses equipment features and functionality with hospital staff.
- Delivers a quality product by meeting quality indicator standards and achieves productivity objectives by planning and completing day-to-day work accordingly.
- Maintains accurate and adequate equipment inventory.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of equipment the customer reports as non-functional.
- Documents all equipment incidents in compliance with both UHS and customer policies.
- Completes all documentation, paperwork and computer data entry accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate documentation and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrates sound and timely decision-making skills.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Technical Services Support Administrator - Temporary
- Hospital Service Technician F/T Jefferson City, MO M-F 11:30-8p
- Hospital Service Technician - PT Sat/Sun/Mon (NE)
- Hospital Service Technician -The Woodlands (PM's/Weekends)
- Hospital Service Technician - PT nights/Tulsa
- Strategic Account Executive - San Antonio OR McAllen Texas
- Surgical Laser Technician (Sacramento, CA)
- Hospital Service Technician - FT 2nd shift (Mem. City)
- Payroll Manager
- Medical Equipment Delivery Driver/Oklahoma City (2nd shift)
- Medical Account Executive - Cleveland, OH
- Medical Equipment Processor/Cleaner - PT Tulsa
- Hospital Service Technician - FT
- Hospital Service Technician P/T Sat/Sun & Mon St Louis, MO
- Customer Service Technician - FT San Francisco
- Hospital Operations Manager - Alameda/Highland
- Specialty Sales Executive - San Jose OR San Francisco
- Patient Handling Technician
- Biomedical Technician - Burbank
- Laser Technician - Nashville, TN