Head of Customer Marketing / CRM
How would you like the opportunity to join one of the biggest consumer brands the UK has to offer, taking on the role of Head of Customer Marketing, leading a division of 15, owning both the strategy and direction of your division as well as being in control of some pretty big and meaningful numbers?
The role will see you lead the business unit through some change too.
Evolving the existing programme beyond principally spotting opportunities to cross and up sell the existing base, managing downspin and churn - and bringing in a new customer engagement mentality to the programme too!
There's also room for innovation here too - as the business looks to embrace a more digital first approach, improving their eCRM capabilities, bringing in sophisticated personalisation and dynamic messaging too.
It's a business of significant scale - with around 2m customer interactions weekly across both on and offline channels covering both promotional and operational messaging, so there's a real complexity to potential customer journeys and the customer is with them for a good number of years, so there's a real relationship to build and maintain there.
On top of this they provide a range of services too - through your team you're going to responsible for all of them relating to the in-life consumer - so there's a real complexity to the programme.
Your principal KPI's in this role will be:
- Leadership, vision setting and engagement of your team
- The churn metric for each product category
- Growth in average LTV of customers - through cross and up sell strategies as well as managing downspin
- Customer engagement levels based on the in-life communications programme you oversee the development of.
You will be the strategic vision setter for your team, and will be inheriting a number of highly experienced senior marketing managers as your direct reports.
Their workloads will be broken across cross and upsell, customer engagement and operational communications.
You're also going to be responsible for managing their agency - they're recognised as one of the best in this area and have been working with them for a number of years.
So you could say they know what they're doing.
But their performance management, finances, etc.
will all be under your watch.
This is an incredibly data centric environment.
It empowers all of their programmes.
So you need to be conversant with this, and able to extrapolate meaning, translating it into the right strategies to be effective.
The existing channel mix for Customer Marketing unit includes direct mail, email, SMS, outbound telemarketing, digital media (paid and owned), as well as social media too.
However you will be expected to oversee the shift in focus to better embracing and leveraging email and digital channels at the heart of executions going forwards.
Role: Head of Customer Marketing
Salary: £70,000 to £85,000
Benefits: £5k car allowance, up to 20% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Solid leadership skills of good-sized teams of customer marketers/eCRM/CRM specialist
- Ability to demonstrate ownership and delivery of large scale, multiple-channel campaigns to an existing customer base of over 5m
- Really good examples of delivering change within a business- bringing in new channels and techniques which have improved business results in a CRM/customer marketing environment
- Ideally you've worked with a big consumer brand - and a business recognized for excellence within targeted customer marketing like some big brand e-tailer/e-commerce business and travel companies are
- Really good examples of raising business performance and results in an area like this
- Great knowledge of re-marketing/re-targeting techniques to drive customer engagement
- Able to transform business requirements into clear and simple customer communications
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple campaigns through a variety of parallel channels
- Must have experience leading senior marketers - you know how to set their vision, engage and motivate them successfully
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship CANNOTbe provided.
For further information please contact:
01892 507 122
For more opportunities like this, please visit www.bluepelican.com
More Jobs from Blue Pelican
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant - Marketing
- Digital Account Manager - Global
- Experienced Recruitment Consultant - Marketing
- Principal Data Scientist – Start-Up global function
- Senior Data Strategist / Senior Data Planner
- Data Strategy Director
- Analyst – Pricing, Promotions & Ranging
- Marketing Manager, Digital Programmatic and Direct Response
- Customer Insight Analyst - SQL (SAS, SPSS, R)
- Product Manager, Digital TV / TV On-Demand
- Product Manager, TV Set-Top Box and Digital App
- Product Manager - Beauty
- Senior Product Manager - Beauty Cosmetics
- Campaign Delivery Executive – Multi-Channel Retail Marketing
- Global Brand Manager
- Digital Product Manager
- Product Manager
- Account Executive - Shopper Marketing
- Data Director – PARIS, FRANCE
- Senior Customer Insight Analyst – CONTRACT