Specialty Sales Executive - Surgical - Las Vegas, NV
Job Purpose and Requirements:
The Territory Sales Specialist drives UHS Surgical Services strategic sales initiatives in assigned territory by:
- Driving revenue growth
- Identifying and qualifying new business opportunities resulting in new accounts.
- Understanding and articulating UHS Surgical Services value proposition
- Expanding revenue within existing accounts
- Designing and executing a territory plan centered around each business segment
- Understands UHS Surgical Services strategic position in industry and specific territory.
- Clearly translates the benefits of UHS Surgical Services value proposition to customers involved in the decision making process based on understanding of their individual needs and/or business problems to solve.
- Establish, manage and review sales and service activity to include assessment of market opportunities to meet objectives.
- Submit weekly Territory Plan timely and engage in weekly Territory Planning discussions.
- Identify, qualify and close business opportunities in assigned territory.
Demonstrate the ability to strategically and aggressively take market share by finding competitors business and converting it to UHS Surgical Services.
- Institute pricing pursuant to UHS Surgical Services guidelines.
- Monitor and track customer contracts timely and prior to the expiration of old contracts.
- Assist in the sourcing of account information leading to further sales (i.e., names of appropriate client contacts, customer use of laser or clinical equipment, identifying possible departmental expansion, liaison with the vendor/vendors associated with bids being drafted for sales in particular accounts, etc.).
- Execute customized group presentations, utilizing professional presentation skills and adept technological skills.
- Build and maintain relationships with doctors, hospitals, and surgery center personnel.
Maintain both courteous and professional relationships at all times, both in appearance, communication, and behavior.
- Foster good working relationships with vendors, manufacturing partners and account executive counterparts.
- Maintain regular visits to established accounts and provide ongoing customer relations.
- Maintain the customers standard of confidentiality, access and release of medical records and patient information and in accordance to HIPAA Guidelines.
- Provide timely account follow-up to resolve problems, ensure quality service and promote UHS Surgical Services service in a professional manor.
- Maintain clear, accurate, and professional communication with technicians to ensure high levels of customer service and growth within the territory.
Operations Partnership and Alignment
- Work closely with all Operations counterparts and all UHS Surgical Services and UHS departments to best represent the customer and the company.
- Partner with Ops team in assigned territory to drive growth and achieve revenue targets.
- Attend all required sales and ops meetings.
- Embrace and demonstrate mastery of Professional Selling Skills (PSS) discipline.
- Continually strives to learn and stay current with new approaches to selling and learn from others.
- Become certified to operate certain types of equipment and provide clinical and technical support as needed, even when that need may be outside of your given territory.
- Be present for new cases conducted in your territory, or outside your territory and assist in training the doctor or technician on procedures.
- Assist in training of UHS Surgical Services technicians as required proctoring field training for products you have been certified on.
- Keep abreast of trends in surgical laser technology and related techniques through continued education, attending meetings, and in services when possible, participating in any UHS educational programs and assisting when requested with the orientation and training of hospital and UHS staff.
- Maintain current on all certifications required by UHS Surgical Services or hospital; Healthstream, CPR, TB, Hep B, and related lasers and medical equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and understand budget and P&L.
- Review Sales reports and meet sales budget NSR targets.
UHS Leadership Core Competencies
- Understand UHS Surgical Services over-all value proposition and key strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrate the UHS Leadership Core Competencies as determined by the executive leadership team.
For a list of the Core Competencies, contact Human Resources.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Operating Room knowledge and medical device sales experience.
- Demonstrated the ability to apply technical, industry and product expertise to increase efficiency and reduce duplication of effort.
- Ability to speak competently about all clinical equipment found in hospital environments as well as strong understanding of hospital finance, reimbursement, regulatory, and safety practices.
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines.
- Professional Selling Skills training/experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent presentation skills and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong business knowledge, perspective and ethical behavior.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Proven computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- BS/BA degree in business, sales or marketing or BSN or equivalent professional-level work experience.
- Operating Room knowledge and medical device sales experience.
- 2 - 4 years healthcare, hospital industry, medical equipment, and sales required.
- Must be flexible and available to travel up to 50% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally, frequently and regularly throughout the day, be required to do the following:
- Walking, sitting, standing, lifting, bending and stooping.
- Driving for long periods of time
- Travel via airline
- Lift up to 75 pounds and/or push/pull equipment requiring 75 pounds of force.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
There will be exposure to heat greater than 100 degrees and cold less than 60 degrees when outdoors.
Certificates and License Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have an acceptable driving record
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Technical Services Support Administrator - Temporary
- Hospital Service Technician F/T Jefferson City, MO M-F 11:30-8p
- Hospital Service Technician - PT Sat/Sun/Mon (NE)
- Hospital Service Technician -The Woodlands (PM's/Weekends)
- Hospital Service Technician - PT nights/Tulsa
- Strategic Account Executive - San Antonio OR McAllen Texas
- Surgical Laser Technician (Sacramento, CA)
- Hospital Service Technician - FT 2nd shift (Mem. City)
- Payroll Manager
- Medical Equipment Delivery Driver/Oklahoma City (2nd shift)
- Medical Account Executive - Cleveland, OH
- Medical Equipment Processor/Cleaner - PT Tulsa
- Hospital Service Technician - FT
- Hospital Service Technician P/T Sat/Sun & Mon St Louis, MO
- Customer Service Technician - FT San Francisco
- Hospital Operations Manager - Alameda/Highland
- Specialty Sales Executive - San Jose OR San Francisco
- Patient Handling Technician
- Biomedical Technician - Burbank
- Laser Technician - Nashville, TN