Dimensional / Mechanical Calibration Engineer
Mechanical Calibration Engineer / Dimensional Metrology Technician required immediately for a Permanent / Temp to Perm position in the Stevenage / Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire area.
Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Dimensional Calibration Engineer will be working circa 37hours (Mon - Fri Days) plus possible O/T.
The client may also consider mechanical quality inspectors or apprentice trained mechanical engineers / technicians who have experience of using standard measuring equipment and carrying out in-house calibrations.
The successful Mechanical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate mechanical measuring instrumentation and production gauging to company procedures, specific parameters and in line with industry standards.
- Dimensional checks on fixtures / tooling using first principle methods.
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards.
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Mechanical Calibration Engineer / Dimensional Metrology Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Must have previous experience of using and calibrating digital and manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI's, calipers, micrometers, plug and ring gauges, spline gauges, engineers squares, height gauges, torque wrenches and gauge blocks to in-house or national / traceable standards.
- Must be PC literate - MS Word & MS Excel.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of Geometric Tolerances.
The ideal Dimensional Calibration Engineer will have:
- Previous experience as a Mechanical / Dimensional Calibration Engineer.
- Experience of calibrating digital and manual measuring devices such as verniers, DTI's, calipers, micrometers, plug and ring gauges, thread gauges, screw gauges, fixtures, engineers' squares, height gauges to UKAS standards.
- Experience of calibrating Screw Gauges, Fixtures, Component inspection, Sine Tables.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Previous experience of working in the calibration industry.
Key words: Calibration, Test Verification, Calibrating, Test & Measurement, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO9000 Quality Systems, UKAS, NPL, Dimensional, Physical, Mechanical, Engineer, Toolmaker, Inspector, Mechanical Technician, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
The successful Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Mechanical Calibration Technician / Metrology Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description.
With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Dimensional Calibration Technician / Mechanical Calibration Engineer role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Lead EC&I Engineer/Responsible Engineer
- Ground worker
- Accounts Administrator
- COTS LABOURERS
- 2 Part 2 Scaffolders Required
- Part Time Cleaner
- Electrical Software Engineer
- Auto Electrician
- Concrete Finisher
- Engineering Manager
- Compex Electrician
- Export Sales Administrator
- Field Service Engineer / Service Technician - Gas Engines
- Vehicle Mechanic
- Mechanical Technician
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Purchasing Assistant / Buyer Administrator
- Branch Leader (Automotive)