Application Developer - London - £35k - £42k
Are you a talented Web or Software Developer with 2-4 years' professional experience? Our client is looking for the next addition to join their close-knit Development team in the heart of central London.
If you are ready to take on more responsibilities as well as build on your development skills in a fun and motivating environment then this is an opportunity you cannot miss!
You should have 2-4 years (ideally 3) professional experience working as a Web or Software Developer.
You should also have valuable experience of working with internal or external clients to understand and gather their requirements in order to build a solution.
Most of all, you should have lots of enthusiasm for producing top quality code, and the drive and ambition to take the next step in your Development career.
Skills and experience
· 2-4 years' experience in a Web or Software Development role
· Professional experience designing/implementing software in any (or similar) of the following:
Java/ C/ C++/ PHP/ Ruby - We are looking for a passionate and skilled Programmer so no experience in one language in particular is required!
· Experience of working directly with clients
· Solid understanding/experience with SQL and database programming
· Ability to co-operate positively as part of a small team
· Experience working with version control and bug tracking systems
· Genuine love of programming and problem solving
·Bachelor's degree - 2:1 or above in computer science/mathematics or related discipline
·Experience with any of the following: PL/SQL/ XML/ XPath/ XQuery /XSLT
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will quickly become a valuable member of our client's growing but close-knit Development team, working alongside designers, QA testers, and project managers to ensure the successful delivery of a range or top software systems.
You will be:
·Regularly interacting with clients to understand project requirements
·Developing complex web applications using Oracle PL/SQL
·Working cooperatively with both the Testing team and Project Management
·Providing support and guidance to Junior Developers
·Bugging and deploying code to a high-standard
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company are an expanding software development company based in the heart of central London and this is an exciting opportunity to become part of their growing success story- working with some of the largest government departments in the UK! They build bespoke software and web applications for top clients within the public sector to help them process their cases and workflow efficiently, delivered to an excellent standard.
The company only wants the best for their staff, and you will be provided with valuable training as soon as you join.
In your first few months you can expect to gain a fully Oracle Certified Associate Status! Not only this but further down the line you will get plenty more opportunity to attend external training courses and conferences- all in the interest of helping you progress in your career.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
Not only will you receive excellent training opportunities, you will join our clients newly re-furbished office (with free fruit and drinks) as well as regular all-staff social events (rock-climbing, theatre, karaoke just to name a few!).
Benefits also include a generous pension scheme and health insurance, with excellent holiday!
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to take the next step your development career, then please get in touch ASAP…Opportunities like this do not stick around for long! Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0207 6554671 and we can discuss whether this role is right for you.
More Jobs from Just IT Recruitment
- Senior Devops Engnieer - London - £55k - £80k
- IT Support Analyst - Guildford - £33k
- Senior SQL Developer - London - £40k - £50k
- Cloud Application Developer - Swansea - Up To £550 Per Day
- Java Developer - Swansea - Up To £550 Per Day
- Senior Consultant - Risk Advisory - London - £38k - £45k
- Consultant - Risk Advisory - Central London - Up to £31k
- Project Coordinator - London - £30k - £35k
- Agile Coach - London - Up to £650 Per Day
- Business Systems Analyst - Central London - £40k - £50k
- Cyber Security Consultant - London - Up to £550 Per Day
- Junior Python Developer - London - £25k - £28k
- Graduate Front End Developer - London - £22k - £25k
- Experienced 2nd Line Engineer - Central London - Up to £33k
- Mid-Level C#/ASP.Net Developer - London - £30k - £40k
- Junior Back End Developer - London - £22k - £25k
- Infrastructure Support Engineer - Central London - £45k - £65k
- Applications & Trading Support - Central London - £42k - £48k
- Junior Front End Web Developer - London - £22k - £28k
- 1st / 2nd Line Support - West London - £22k - £27k