Python / Django Developer - Design + Build - London
Python / Django Developer - Design + Build - London
£45 to £55k + bonus
My client, a leading design thinking consultancy with a digital heritage is looking a Senior Python / Django Developer : Design + Build to join their growing team, reporting to the Technical Director.
They are looking for a senior back-end developer who specialises in Python and Django to join their growing company in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
They want someone who can come in and hit the ground running and get stuck in.
They need someone with passion and drive to help them move towards their goals as a team and as a company.
You will work with the design, UX and front-end teams to deliver projects big and small, covering big web builds, CMSs, web apps and more.
You will get to work with the latest and greatest technology stack and they will provide the tools for you to do so.
You are encouraged to be pro-active and contribute, produce ideas and get stuck in to other parts of the project too; design not quite fit for purpose? Front-end solution not adequate enough? Everyone in the project is responsible for the work they do and they want everyone to be proud of what they put into the world.
You will split your time (80/20%) between hands-on project work and helping the team with mentoring, QA, oversight and some management responsibilities (these can be discussed to suit you).
You will work collaboratively with the ops and front-end leads as well as the wider company to further the company's goals.
Being a team lead you will also participate in discovery sessions with clients and become part of the group of internal experts that supports the sales process by contributing to proposals and pitches.
What they need to see from you (important)
Live examples of recent work
Roles and responsibilities of at least 3 projects within the last 1-3 years
Links to any online profiles with work like Github, Bitbucket, Codepen etc.
Who are they looking for
You have at least 2-3 years experience in the role
You have great knowledge and understanding of Python and Django
You have experience of working with different CMSs and wrangling with their limitations and pitfalls
You have experience of working with REST APIs
You consider maintainability, security and scalability from the offset
You are opinionated and responsible for delivering best practices and processes within the team
You believe in the benefits of test driven development (preach it!)
You have experience of working in an Agile environment
You care and are passionate about the work you do and able to articulate this well
Extras they would be impressed with
You have experience with leading or managing a team
You have experience with other Python frameworks such as Pelican or Flask.
You have a good understanding of responsive design
You have an understanding of web performance and its importance
You have experience with multi-regional websites that require translations and internationalisation
You have experience using/building/maintaining continuous delivery pipelines
You have experience with cloud services such as Amazon and Google
You have experience with Elastic Search
You have knowledge/experience with microservice architecture and design.
Seasonal travel ticket loan
Cycle to work scheme
5 weeks holiday per year
Pension scheme with matched company contributions
Training budget and plan
Complimentary fruit and soft drinks every day
Fully stocked beer fridge available every day (from 5pm!) featuring wine, prosecco and some of the best craft beers from Scotland to California (we also make our own!)
Unlimited coffee and variety of teas
Monthly "Eat+Imagine" sessions where a member of the agency presents on new ideas or passions (with breakfast thrown in...not literally)
Their work has won awards, accolades and recognition across the industry - we want you to help us deliver more!
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 45000-55000 Per Annum
- Location: London
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Paul
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: PCO/D/032252
- Posted: 2016-08-12 14:18:41 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Field Sales Executive Fibre Optic Connectors - UK & Ireland
- IT Support Engineer (On Site) - Schools , Lambeth
- Network Operations Engineer, Cisco - Dorking/Surrey
- IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Field Service Engineer - London, Cambridge or SE
- Pest Control Expert - Coulsdon, Surrey
- Sales consultant - Shepherds Bush office
- Quantity Surveyor - Staffordshire
- iOS App Developer - Studley, Warwickshire
- Trainer / Implementation Consultant - Domiciliary Care Software Implementation - Home based with UK
- Full Stack Developer - Woking
- Tester (Software) Analyst - Bristol
- 2 x Pensions Systems Consultants (Pensions Management Systems) - Home based (North)
- VB.Net Developer - West Midlands + home-based
- Senior C#.Net, Restful Services, API Developer - Hammersmith, London
- Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer - Woking
- UK VSTS Manager - Home based with UK travel
- Senior .Net Developer - Altrincham, South Manchester
- Head chef - North West Scotland
- PCV Driver - Maidenhead