Senior Project Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful individual as the purpose of this role is to Project Manage high profile, A-class complex New Product Development (NPD) projects from concept to handover phases (typically projects with over 1m Engineering New Product Development budget).
Reporting directly to the NPD Programmes Director this role will involve the following -
- Control and role model Quality, Cost, Delivery focus (QCD)
- Act as a mentor / role model for junior Project Managers in the NPD team.
- Risk Manage and communicate throughout project life cycle to all stakeholders
- Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the Project delivery of assigned Major A projects from initial concept (i.e.
Gate 0) sign off stage through all phases of the Project life cycle including initial production intent build.
The Senior PM may also be asked to take control of a project mid cycle at the discretion of the NPD Programme Director.
- The Senior PM is also responsible for coordinating required engineering expertise to respond and contain any issues in the field from the first 28days in service that require support.
Also to work with the relevant cross functional teams on any root cause / corrective / preventative action.
- The role has a responsibility to ensure all previous RQI (reliability issues) have been considered during the design phase by the lead engineers.
- The role has a responsibility to ensure that critical systems are signed off by the company and external suppliers at prototype and production intent stages of the project.
Requirement for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to stakeholders at all levels on:
- Status of Delivery
- Key risks, mitigation and support required
- Quality of the project deliverables / Customer focus
- Cost status vs budget
- Tracking of Cost of Product (COP) i.e.
labour and materials of vehicle.
Senior Responsibility within the NPD team
- Communication of project lessons, known issues, good practice and previous resolution.
- For high profile A class projects, support the cross functional teams in preventive reliability activity and engagement as part of New Product Development (NPD) e.g.
ensure design reviews, upfront serviceability and reliability considerations, input to gates are
- Champion and facilitate Improvement initiatives of known re-occurring failure modes.
- Mentor junior Project Managers within the team.
- Champion the the company values, PDP must do's and QCD focus as part of the Project Management life cycle.
The key measures of success within the role will include:
- On time delivery of projects
- Project to budget
- COP tracking to plan - or very early communication of variance
- Project Quality objectives met
- Clear demonstration of risk management, with mitigation and escalations as a result
To be successful in this role, applicants should possess the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- APM Project Professional Qualification or equivalent (desirable, the organisation would support the successful individual to obtain this)
- Degree level educated or equivalent ideally in a technical / engineering capacity
- Member of the Association of Project Management
- Customer focused mindset
- Ability to influence and communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Skills in Problems solving tools and techniques
- Self disciplined
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent reporting skills
- Confident in customer facing environment
- Be an active team player
- Over 5 years working as a Project Manager / Project Director on high profile / complex projects.
- Required practical engineering experience, preferably within an automotive or related industry.
- Experience of Problem solving tools and techniques.
- Experience of working within a team environment focused on providing solutions.
- Reliability and service environment
The successful applicant will need to be flexible and willing to travel to meet the business requirements.
The standard hours of work will be 37 hours per week.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- 2 Part 2 Scaffolders Required
- Part Time Cleaner
- Electrical Software Engineer
- Auto Electrician
- Concrete Finisher
- Engineering Manager
- Compex Electrician
- Export Sales Administrator
- Field Service Engineer / Service Technician - Gas Engines
- Vehicle Mechanic
- Mechanical Technician
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Purchasing Assistant / Buyer Administrator
- Branch Leader (Automotive)
- Quality Engineer / QA Technician (Process Manufacturing)
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Sales Executive
- Mechanical Engineer
- Calibration / Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Air Tools)