I am currently recruiting for an underwriter to join a large multinational in the West Malling area.
The key responsibilities will involve:
- Developing and maintaining excellent broker relationships in order to promote the profitable growth of scheme accounts.
- Taking calls and assist with referrals.
- Helping develop and continue to develop all schemes.
- Actively contributing and assisting the team to achieve the budgeted targets.
This multinational client have a presence across 5 different countries.
They are expanding constantly and currently have an opportunity for an underwriter to join their team.
The role will involve:
- Being the main contact for any household schemes; including breaches and non-disclosures.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with all scheme brokers.
- Attending and participating in regular review meetings, producing agendas and minutes
- Providing senior management with regular updates on scheme performance.
- Attending regular meetings with schemes champions and HNW existing business to discuss any operational issues and review referrals.
- Reviewing and maintaining underwriting guides.
- Liaising with relevant software houses
- Attending regular meetings with admin and finance to clarify and accounting queries
- Regular meetings with pricing manager to make any pricing recommendations
- Ensuring any regulatory changes are put into effect on all schemes
- Producing a project plan and getting an idea on time frames in respect to product re-vamps
- Engaging in regular meetings with the broker to discuss the product and agree cover extensions.
- Producing test scripts to test underwriting acceptance and pricing changes
- Providing assistance to senior team at tender stage - new schemes/continuation of existing schemes.
- Assisting with due diligence process and sign off
- Liaising with scheme brokers about legal documents.
- Following revamp process - Engaging marketing on policy wording branding, etc.
- Ensuring that our customers are treated in accordance with the principals of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Acting in accordance with the Company's values with both internal and external customers to facilitate continued and improved company reputation and success.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements and company policies.
- Remaining vigilant to the potential opportunities for financial crime, fraud and money laundering and take actions appropriate to mitigate their likelihood and impact.
- Alerting to potential regulatory and business risks within the department.
Also ensuring such risks are included in the Departmental Risk Management Programme, and that action is taken to mitigate them.
Suitable candidates for this role will have experience in the insurance sector, ideally in an underwriting role.
ACII or working towards CII Qualifications
Personal lines experience
MI and analytical skills
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market trends…
More Jobs from KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Graduate Engineer
- Business Development Executive
- Website Optimisation & Traffic Exec - Temp to Perm
- Service Manager (ServiceNow) - London
- Saturday Morning Cleaner - 4 hours - 8am to 12pm
- Estimator/Quantity Surveyor (Roofing)
- Temp - Receptionist for a School - 1 Month
- Sales Administrator (French Speaking)
- Production Machine Operator
- Forklift Driver (Market experience)
- Trainee Administrator (Various Companies)
- Admin Reception - Maternity cover
- Business Development Manager - Based in Frankfurt
- Sales Administrator (Electrical Manufacturer)
- Driver - 7.5 Tonne
- Warehouse Operative
- Store Assistant - FMCG
- Allocations Assistant - FMCG