SHE Manager (COMAH Sites)
SHE Manager required to provide our clients COMAH sites with HSE functional support.
Supporting and advising the group leadership and site management to ensure the company's overall SHE philosophy, strategy and action plans are implemented effectively and successfully across those sites.
Based local to Middlesborough you would report directly to the Director of Safety & Risk Management within the group.
You would be well versed in best practice, business focussed safety strategy and culture with all employees aware of their SHE responsibilities and actively worked to ensure that SHE is at the forefront of everything you and your business does.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Personally demonstrate and champion a positive SHE culture in all interactions with employees, customers, contractors and visitors
* Act as lead SHE contact for the sites in their areas of responsibility to ensure that sites view relationships with SHE team as value adding
* Work with the site management of their sites to establish and deliver annual SHE improvement plans, targets
* Work as part of the Corporate SHE Leadership Team to develop corporate SHE philosophy, goals, improvement plans
* Ensure that everyone is aware of their personal responsibilities to maintain the safety and wellbeing of themselves, their colleagues, the environment around them and thus the business
* Ensure sites are adequately supported by themselves and SHE advisors in terms of:
* Carrying out SHE training
* Completing appropriate audit activities
* Supporting relevant incident investigations
* Helping to complete Zero & CA actions
* SHE Communications
* To act as leader and manager of the SHE Department and other assigned personnel taking overall responsibility for their supervision, development, welfare and overall effectiveness
* To ensure that any changes in the above areas are reviewed, with practical guidance provided and communicated appropriately
* To champion continuous SHE improvement by undertaking agreed audits, surveys and other monitoring processes to the required standards and timeframes of safety initiatives and programmes, accidents, incidents and reports
* To monitor the effectiveness of these standards and review/implement any action points and/or improvements
* To devise, implement and present required SHE training and learning events for all employees and as required, contractors
* To provide appropriate guidance and support for all major SHE incidents within the business
* Support all sites in their assigned areas of functional SHE support, eg COSHH, Fire, SWP, noise etc.
* To act as the focal point for all recognised external authorities with reference to SHE matters
* As required, to undertake assigned projects and investigations, providing realistic recommendations in line with legislative and business requirements
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Professional safety-related qualifications (e.g.NEBOSH) or equivalent knowledge gained through significant experience in HSE roles.
* Degree Qualified (or equivalent) in either a science or engineering related discipline
* Significant experience within a high hazard industrial industry, preferably on upper tier COMAH sites
* Proven track record of leading and developing a safety team, and safety culture in a high hazard/COMAH industry environment
* Comprehensive knowledge of Process Safety Management and its implementation across diverse operating sites
* Detailed working knowledge and understanding of UK quality, environmental, health and safety legislative and regulatory requirements
* Experience of interacting with the competent authorities
* Knowledge of the energy, oil & gas, renewables or hydrocarbon processing industry would be an advantage
* Effective knowledge of process safety and its implementation at operating sites
* A role model of safety culture and all other safety standards
* Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint (and ideally SharePoint)
In return you can expect an excellent benefits package and good remuneration with a reputable and growing business.
If you are interested in this position please contact Rebecca Bell on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV along with currently salary and availability, quoting reference number: SSSHE2568 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ?LIKE' OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Perm
- Rate: Excellent package
- Location: Middlesborough
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
- Contact: Rebecca Bell
- Tel: 0161 3593111
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SSSHE2568
- Posted: 2016-08-14 12:56:20 -
- View all Jobs from F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
- Trainee/Graduate Recruitment Resourcer
- Sales Manager
- Software Developer : C#/.NET
- Design Engineer
- Customer Software Implementation Manager
- Technical Estimator
- Internal Sales Coordinator
- Graduate Finance Trainee
- Trainee/Junior Programmer : Entry Level
- Sales and Customer Support Coordinator
- Quality Assurance Technologist (Electrical)
- Scheduling & Planning Co-ordiantor
- Fit Out Quantity Surveyor
- Marketing Administrator
- Accounts Payable Administrator
- Junior Architectural Technician
- Head of HR