Electronic Design Verification Engineer
ELECTRONIC DESIGN VERIFICATION ENGINEER - STEVENAGE - PERMANENT - UP TO £45K + EXCELLENT PACKAGE
My client is a market leading manufacturer of technology for defence applications.
Due to continued and sustained growth they are currently looking to add number of Electronic Design Verification Engineers to the Subsystem Design Verification department on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will have extensive experience in the design & development of Electronic products.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the products you must be able to obtain SC Clearance.
The successful candidate will engage in activities such as hands-on formal testing and trials, design simulation, design analysis etc.
including the definition of requirements for associated Test Systems.
The range of products includes computers, datalinks, safety systems, firing units and others.
- This role encompasses the planning and implementation of subsystem verification tasks, deciding which type of verification approach is correct for the specific requirements that the product must meet and then synthesising these different needs into a single verification plan for the product.
This will include tests and trials (e.g.
environmental and EMC) as well as helping to define the requirements for the test systems needed to achieve these tests and trials.
- The role will also require the evidence from all of the above activities to be assessed and compiled into a compliance matrix leading to a statement of compliance through a Certificate of Design.
- It is likely that individuals will own all of the activities for a specific project, requiring a level of leadership where the project tasks require more than one person to achieve the outcome.
Qualifications / Experience
- Ideally degree qualified in Electronics or related subject with significant proven experience in similar roles.
- An excellent knowledge of product development processes and a good understanding of where Design Verification fits within this cycle
- Knowledge of defence, electrical and environmental standards (e.g.
Stanag 1008, Def Stan 07-85, Def Stan 59-411, MIL-STD-810);
- A knowledge of EMC and its implications for subsystems electronics with the capability to derive requirements for, and manage, EMC trials
- Knowledge of reliability and safety principles
- Although primarily a hardware role, knowledge of software/firmware embedded code such would be useful.
- Familiarity with the DOORS requirements verification tool (but training can be given)
- Ability to lead small teams of up to 3 people in all Verification activities on a project would be an advantage.
Formal project management activities will be minimal.
Stevenage, Bedford, Milton Keynes, London, Cambridge, Braintree, Luton, Aylesbury
Electronics, Design Verification, EMC, Development, Safety Principles, Test, Hardware, Defence, Validation, Acceptance, Test,
For more information or to apply please contact;
Paul Randall 02392322385
This position is being advertised by the recruitment agency Stream.
Stream are experts in technical recruitment with a portfolio of jobs across Engineering, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Automotive and FMCG.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Embedded Software Engineer
- NPI Engineer
- Head of Category - Warehouse & Support Services
- Remote Service Engineer
- Ward Manager (RMN)
- Commercial Office Co-ordinator
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence Officer
- Bank Healthcare Assistants
- Software Engineers - Cambridgeshire- £30K-£60k
- Electronics Test Engineer/Lab Manager-Cambridge-£40K-£50K
- Vessel Operator (Mixed Fleet)
- Crew Manager (Tanker/LNG)
- DV/SC Cleared - SharePoint Developer
- Marketing Development Manager (Subsea)
- Senior Staff Nurse (RMN/RNLD)
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
- Senior Staff Nurse (RMN / RNLD)
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)