Avionic Project Engineer
We are seeking versatile, confident and self-motivated individual who can apply themselves to a range of tasks.
Having industry established experience and practical understanding of technical design and manufacturing techniques with proven project coordination proficiency.
Possessing excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to liaise within a multifunctional project team whilst also being able to work autonomously under their own initiative in order to progress assigned responsibilities.
Working closely with the project lead mechanical and electrical system design engineers the Project Engineer shall be responsible for the technical development of hardware design solutions which are economical to manufacture, inspect, test and maintain whilst compliant to relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
Proactive project control shall be supported by creation and maintenance of effective records, reports and metrics.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinating and monitoring assigned hardware projects to ensure the contracted deliverables are accurately established, effectively planned and implemented, to budget and of the required standard.
- Ensuring that the product technical requirements are adequately specified and managed to ensure:
- fit for purpose design solutions that are compliant with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and other project specified standards; and
- uncontrolled scope creep is mitigated.
- Producing technical specifications to define internal or outsourced design and manufacture solutions.
- Evaluating the development of design solutions that are economical to manufacture, inspect, test and maintain.
- Reviewing drawings and part lists to verify compliancy with specified requirements.
- Producing technical publications, test instructions and reports, compliancy reports, technical construction files, work packages and other project related documentation.
- Developing and maintaining suitably detailed work plans, schedules and effective progress and compliancy tracking techniques to ensure visibility and accountability to support achievement of the overall programme delivery plan.
- Ensuring timely identification of potential points of failure and implementing appropriate mitigation measures.
- Ensuring risks, assumptions, dependencies, limitations and opportunities are identified, accurately documented and managed.
- Ensuring sufficiently detailed budgets are identified for the work breakdown and that all work tasks are effectively allocated and accurately booked.
- Developing and maintaining effective liaison within the project team, and with suppliers, sub-contractors, customers and partners.
- Maintaining configuration control of project data and ensuring data is identified and controlled in relation to applicable security classification.
- Accomplished design engineer with minimum of HNC/HND qualification.
- Extensive engineering experience in electro-mechanical design and manufacturing environment.
- Ability to relate to and adapt the skills necessary to successfully control project activities of varying technical and commercial complexity.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain effective plans.
- Good IT skills and experienced with Microsoft Office applications including MS Office and MS Project.
- Commitment to quality with a good attention to detail.
- Maintenance of a valid current UK driving licence.
- Maintenance of a valid current passport.
- Ability to hold SC or apply for SC clearance.
- Having experience within the aviation industry an advantage.
- Practical experience of low volume high value product development.
A minimum of two years' experience and appropriate training; such as PRINCE2, in the control of projects from contract award through to delivery and acceptance
If interested, contact Paul Smith on 020 7940 4590 or email Learning@nonstop-technical.com
More Jobs from NonStop Recruitment
- Deputy Head Teacher - Independent School-Interview Now
- Physics Teacher - January/September Start - Great Academy
- History and Geography Teachers - Immediate or January Start
- Key Stage 1 and 2 Teachers - Essex - Flexible Start
- Specialist Science Teachers - January Start - Progression
- R&D Project Manager - International Company
- English Coordinator - Amazing Atmosphere
- ICT Teacher - Friendly and Passionate Staff
- Supervising Social Worker - Outstanding OFSTED
- Maths Teacher - January Start - Supportive Staff
- Technical Sales Manager - Adhesive Solutions
- R&D Chemist - Organic Synthesis
- SITE DIRECTOR Pharma all'ESTERO
- Product Development Manager
- Affaires Réglementaires - Produits Innovants - Paris
- Playgroup Workers - Gain Experience in Childcare
- Country Registration Manager - Leading Agro - UK
- Registration Expert - SEIF - Belgium
- Resp de Laboratoire Contrôle Qualite-Diagnostique-Suisse
- QSW - Pre-Birth and Court Work - Start Immediately