Business Intelligence Lead | Madrid | ecommerce
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced BI professional to join a leading ecommerce business based in Madrid.
This is a ‘hands on' and high profile role, with the opportunity to influence all aspects of our business in one of our important growth markets.
You will be someone who understands how data can improve decision making, and will use your extensive analytics experience and commercial acumen to improve the way things are done.
You will provide insights that support decision making for all of our key business functions - such as Operations, Marketing, Sales and Product Development.
You will be someone who understands how data and analytics can improve decision-making and can directly drive growth.
The company culture is one of innovation; we encourage the use of new techniques and an agile iterative approach to problems and also frankness where your honest opinion is expected to be given.
Passion and a team player approach is expected.
You will report directly to the Country Manager but you will have an extensive exchange with the international BI team based in the UK and other BI stakeholders all over the world.
You will leverage these relationships to learn from other countries and ensure your market is using the latest methods.
Now is a great time to join our business, we are one of Europe's fastest growing ecommerce businesses and business intelligence will be a key part of our future success.
Role objectives and accountabilities:
- Provide prescriptive insights to all business functions that improve decision-making.
- Support our Global Head of Research to conduct Market Research to help us understand our customers and restaurant partners.
- Develop intelligent reporting frameworks that define appropriate metrics and identify risks and opportunities for our business.
- Develop tools in Tableau that enable teams to access data for themselves, helping to create a ‘data culture' throughout the organisation.
- Work with teams to define measurement frameworks for trials and initiatives, making clear recommendations on your findings.
- Support a culture of measurement and testing throughout the business, so we understand the ROI and impact of everything we do.
- You will have a unique view of our business having access to so much data - you will be expected to proactively identify opportunities that help improve our business and the way we work.
- You will work closely with your international colleagues to implement learnings from the wider group.
- Continuously innovate, finding better ways to use information.
Skills and experience:
- Highly numerate, and capable of translating business requirements into mathematical approaches.
- Experience querying large SQL databases.
- Expert in Excel or similar spreadsheet based analysis.
- Familiarity with statistical testing and modelling techniques.
- Comfortable drawing conclusions when working with new data sets.
- Enjoys working with data, and comfortable dealing with messy unstructured data.
- Understands how to develop measurement frameworks and derive core metrics that drive a business.
- Can use data to tell a story.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Experience with Data Visualisation tools, ideally Tableau or an equivalent.
- Understands how to automate repetitive problems and tasks, focusing on optimisation.
- Incrementally improves where possible and looks to consistently advance techniques and abilities.
- Confident both taking requirements and presenting back to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter, and can work independently when needed.
- Web analytics platform experience (Google Analytics, Adobe Web Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with programming (ideally Python) or data processing.
- Experience with statistics packages (R, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Project management qualifications
- Be part of the country management team
- A new role you can fill as first local BI analyst
- International exchange
- High growth environment
- English: Fluent
- Spanish: Fluent
#analyticsjobs #madrid #bijobs #businessintelligence
More Jobs from EyeSpy Recruitment
- HTML5 Games Developer
- Dutch Content Writer
- Turkish Live Dealer
- Database Administrator
- Chinese Customer Support
- System Engineer
- Norwegian Live Dealer
- IT Support Engineer
- CRM Executive
- Operations Analyst
- Site Manager
- Arabic Account Manager
- Java Developer
- Security Manager
- Business Intelligence Lead - Paris
- Head of Information Security
- Financial Controller. (Salary negotiable)
- Actuarial Modelling Analyst